The Subcommittee on Faculty Development and Welfare examines all proposals and policies relating to faculty, and shall, as necessary, makes recommendations to the Faculty and Institutional Affairs Committee on such matters. Among the areas of concern of the Faculty Development and Welfare Subcommittee are the following: Faculty development, evaluation, and criteria governing appointment and retention procedures; salary scale, leaves of absence, sabbaticals, fringe benefits, resignations, recognition of retirees, grievances, and collegiality. The Subcommittee also administers the James F. Hubbard Faculty Leave Fund.
- Scott Hicks, (Ex officio, Teaching & Learning Center Director) Chair
- Dennis Edgell, (NSM, 2023-2025)
- Christopher Woolley, Secretary (LETT, 2023-2025)
- Namyeon Lee (ARTS, 2022-2024)
- Sandra Plata-Potter (EDUC, 2022-2024)
- Bishwa Koirala (SBS, 2023-2025)
- Keara Ndhlovu (CHS, 2022-2024)
- Angela Revels, Asst VC for Human Resources
The Subcommittee meets on the second Thursday of each month during the regular Academic year.
Click here for Academic Year 2023-2024 Agendas and Minutes.