Welcome to the University of North Carolina at Pembroke Career Center
The Career Center provides comprehensive career services to all University of North Carolina at Pembroke undergraduate, graduate students, and alumni. Our goal is to provide high-quality career development programs that are customized to students’ developmental and professional needs. To reach these goals, we provide core services including:
- One-on-one advising appointments with career advisors
- Career assessments for students exploring majors and career paths
- Resources to help with your career exploration and planning process
- Curated resources for students from specific populations
- Handshake, a career management platform with thousands of internship and job postings
- Hundreds of career events aimed at exploring fields and connecting with alumni and employers
- 12+ in-person or virtual career fairs, allowing you to network with employers that hire Braves
- On-campus interviewing program, connecting you with employers both in-person & virtually
- Customized classroom workshops aimed at integrating career development into curricula
- Career presentations for student organizations
The UNCP Career Center is a lifelong partnership and whether you are interested in selecting the right major, exploring career fields and industries, looking for a part-time job or internship, preparing for an interview, or networking with alumni and employers, our team of dedicated professionals is here to help you.
Please know that the Career Center offers 24-hour resources, face-to-face, and virtual counseling appointments, opportunities to attend programs and events in-person, on-demand, and virtually, and extended office hours. The Career Center team looks forward to connecting with you in the near future.
Bradley Hamilton Merritt, Director of Career Services
The Three Must Have's On Your Handshake Profile
Want to quickly and easily increase your chances of finding the job you want on Handshake? Add your job interests to your profile.
When you fill in your interests, two really great things happen:
- We send you better, more relevant job recommendations.
- You’re more likely to have a recruiter message you! 80% of students who share their interests on Handshake receive a message from a recruiter. The more you include, the better your chances of having a recruiter find you.
That’s a pretty big return on not a lot of work. And the best part is—filling out your interests is as easy as sharing your opinion with us. Who knows what you like and don’t like better than you?
This summer complete your Handshake profile by August 1st and be entered to win one of two Apple Watches. Check out our Instagram @uncp_careercenter on or after June 6th to learn more about the value of Handshake and how to be entered to win an Apple Watch.
JCPenney Suit-Up Event
Fayetteville, NC at the Cross Creek Mall
March 27, 2022 from 4- 7 pm
Join the Career Center at the JCPenney Cross Creek Mall on Sunday, March 27th from 4-7 pm. Up to 60% off professional attire, a networking café (food and networking with employers), resume review, a DJ, 50 professional attire scholarships (valued at $50 dollars each) will be given away, an Apple Watch giveaway, and much more!
No RSVP is needed however those that RSVP will be entered to win one of two $100 dollar JCPenney gift cards! RSVP: https://forms.gle/mDCBvG7jVmcuQwUZ7
Transportation is available but you must RSVP using the link above (by March 23rd).