Welcome to the University of North Carolina at Pembroke Career Center
The Career Center provides comprehensive career services to all University of North Carolina at Pembroke undergraduate, graduate students, and alumni. Our goal is to provide high-quality career development programs that are customized to students’ developmental and professional needs. To reach these goals, we provide core services including:
- One-on-one advising appointments with career advisors
- Career assessments for students exploring majors and career paths
- Resources to help with your career exploration and planning process
- Curated resources for students from specific populations
- Handshake, a career management platform with thousands of internship and job postings
- Hundreds of career events aimed at exploring fields and connecting with alumni and employers
- 12+ in-person or virtual career fairs, allowing you to network with employers that hire Braves
- On-campus interviewing program, connecting you with employers both in-person & virtually
- Customized classroom workshops aimed at integrating career development into curricula
- Career presentations for student organizations
The UNCP Career Center is a lifelong partnership and whether you are interested in selecting the right major, exploring career fields and industries, looking for a part-time job or internship, preparing for an interview, or networking with alumni and employers, our team of dedicated professionals is here to help you.
Please know that the Career Center offers 24-hour resources, face-to-face, and virtual counseling appointments, opportunities to attend programs and events in-person, on-demand, and virtually, and extended office hours. The Career Center team looks forward to connecting with you in the near future.
Bradley Hamilton Merritt, Director of Career Services
Networking Meet and Greet: Jesse Cole
Entrepreneur, Owner of Savannah Bananas, Featured On MSNBC, CNN, ESPN
October 12, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
Career Center Suite 221 University Center
Jesse Cole, his teams have welcomed more than one million fans to their ballparks and have been featured on MSNBC, CNN, ESPN, and Entrepreneur Magazine.
The Bananas have been awarded Organization of the Year, Entrepreneur of the Year, Business of the Year, and won the CPL Championship in their first year. Fans First Entertainment has been featured on the INC 5000 lists as one of the fastest-growing companies in America.
The Savannah Bananas currently have sold out every game since their first season and have a waiting list in the thousands for tickets.
Jesse released his first book “Find Your Yellow Tux – How to Be Successful by Standing Out” in January of 2018 with a World Book Tour…at Epcot.
Cole has been featured on over 500 podcasts and is an in-demand keynote speaker all over the country sharing the Fans First Experience on how to stand out, be different and create raving fans of both customers and employees.