Green to Gold Program
The Army Green to Gold Program provides Enlisted Soldiers an opportunity to pursue a commission as an Army Officers. Soldiers can work toward either a baccalaureate or graduate degree while participating in the ROTC leadership program. Green to Gold options are:
- Green to Gold Scholarship Option – Selected Soldiers will leave active duty status to attend college. This can be a two, three, or four-year program. The Army will provide full tuition and fees or room and board (capped at $10,000), $600 per semester for books, and a monthly stipend ($300-$500).
- Green to Gold Active Duty Option – Selected Soldiers will remain on Active Duty and be reassigned to the university location. The soldier must be able to complete their degree requirements in two years. Soldiers will retain their current pay and allowances while completing their last two years of school. The Soldier is responsible for paying for the cost of attending school (tuition, fees, & books); most Soldiers elect to use their GI benefits to cover the cost of school.
- Green to Gold Non-Scholarship Option – Qualified Soldiers will leave active duty status to attend college. The soldier must be able to complete their degree requirements in two years. The Army will provide a monthly stipend ($450-$500). All expenses are the Soldiers responsibility; most Soldiers elect to use their Post 9/11 GI benefits to cover the cost of school and provide a living allowance.
The Campbell University Recruiting Officer (Dr. Chris Psaltis) provides information briefings at the Fort Bragg Education Center, corner of Knox and Randolph St., every Tuesday & Thursday @ 0900 hrs. Wing-A, conference room.
- Information Flyer: Includes eligibility requirements
- Green to Gold Application Checklist: Documents required to submit an application for the Scholarship and Active Duty Options.
- Green to Gold Non-Scholarship Checklist: Documents required to validate eligibility for the Non-Scholarship Option. There is no centralized board for this option. It is a local process completed between the Campbell University Recruiting Officer (Fort Bragg Green to Gold Representative) and your local commander.
- CC form 174R (2015 version)
- CC form 228 (Financial Statement)
- Age Waiver example
- Dependent Waiver example
- Active Federal Service Waiver example
- Time in Service & Service Obligation Waiver example
- Civil Waiver example
- Affidavit format
- Waiver Matrix
- Routing formats for waivers. The following DA 4187 examples provide details for filling out the front and back pages based on which headquarters is the approving authority: