Any faculty member with a cause for grievance in any matter related to a faculty member’s employment status and institutional relationships within UNCP [other than suspension, discharge, no-reappointment (including denial of permanent tenure) or termination which are under the jurisdiction of the Faculty Hearing Committee] may submit a petition for redress to the Faculty Grievance Committee. The Faculty Grievance Committee is authorized to hear and advise with respect to the adjustment of grievances of members of the faculty. The power of the Committee is solely to hear representations by the persons involved in the grievance, to facilitate voluntary adjustments by the parties, and when appropriate, to make recommendations concerning adjustments.
- Cindy Locklear, Assistant Professor, Social Work, Co-Chair (2022-2024)
- Mabel Rivera, Associate Professor, Inclusive Education, Co-Chair (2021-2023)
- Roger Ladd, Full Professor, English, Vice-Chair (2022-2024)
- Jennifer Jones-Locklear, Associate Professor, Nursing (2022-2024)
- Lauren Norman, Assistant Professor, Sociology and Criminal Justice (2021-2023)
The Faculty Grievance Committee meets as needed.