We have relocated our offices to Carter Hall, 208 Odum Street.
The Department of Political Science and Public Administration at the University of North Carolina at Pembroke offers two degrees: At the undergraduate level, we offer a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science and at the graduate level, we offer a Masters of Public Administration (MPA) degree.
At the University of North Carolina at Pembroke, our goal is to prepare our students for rewarding careers associated with each of the two degrees we offer.
Among many other job possibilities, a University of North Carolina at Pembroke Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science prepares our students for jobs as:
- Legislature or Legislator Policy Analysts
- Legislative Assistants
- Legislator Public Relations Specialists
- Legislator Social Media Managers
- Legislator Marketing Research Analysts
- Political Consultants
- Legislative Attorney (when combined with a Juris Doctor degree)
- Political Campaign Staff
- College-Student Leadership and Activities Director
Our Masters of Public Administration program prepares our graduate students for jobs as:
- Local, State, and Federal agency management positions
- Specialty agency management positions in the areas of disaster management, criminal justice, and non-profits
- Public Administration Consultants
- Executive Directors
- Program Analysts
- Program Directors
- City Managers
The listings above are a brief summary of some of the job possibilities for undergraduate degrees in political science and graduate degrees in public administration.
If you are interested in obtaining your Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science, you can begin the process by clicking on the following link to apply: Apply Now to the UNCP Bachelor of Arts in Political Science Program
If you are interested in obtaining your MPA degree, you can begin the process by clicking on the following link to apply: Apply Now to the UNCP MPA Program
Although we offer two degrees that lead to fulfilling careers, a degree is only as good as the professors who teach in the program. At the University of North Carolina at Pembroke, our professors have significant scholarly publications in their areas of expertise.