** ATTENTION: Details subject to change given changing state and public health guidance. **
Updated August 2, 2020
Congratulations Class of 2020!
The University of North Carolina at Pembroke will hold a drive-thru Commencement ceremony for students receiving undergraduate and graduate degrees on Saturday August 8, 2020. The entire ceremony will be livestreamed and available for viewing here. A map of the parade route is available here.
Graduates should arrive during their assigned block of time to avoid unnecessary traffic congestion. Only one vehicle per graduate will be allowed to join the parade of graduates, and all vehicles must have the appropriate designation to enter the route. All passengers must remain inside their vehicles throughout the processional. Only the graduates will be allowed to exit their vehicles to walk across the stage. The parade route will be strictly monitored by law enforcement and other university personnel. Please note that Prospect Road will be closed for the duration of the ceremony. Campus maps are available here.
Graduates should wear appropriate face coverings and regalia when they process across the stage.
Graduate check-in will be held in Parking Lot 14 in front of the Jones Athletic Center. Please arrive according to the schedule below:
- College of Arts & Sciences
- 7:00-8:00 a.m. – Bachelor of Arts Degrees (Art, Criminal Justice, English, Theatre Arts, History, Music, Philosophy & Religion, Political Science, Sociology, Spanish)
- 8:00-9:00 a.m. – Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Music Degrees (Applied Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Geo-Environmental Studies, Information Technology, Mass Communication, Mathematics, Mathematics Education, Musical Theatre, Psychology, Science Education)
- 9:00-10:00 a.m. – College of Health Sciences (Athletic Training, Exercise & Sport Science, Health & Physical Education, Nursing, Social Work)
- 10:00-11:00 a.m. – School of Education, School of Business, Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies (Accounting, Applied Education Studies, Applied Information Technology, Applied Management Information System, Applied Professional Studies, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Elementary Education, Hospitality, Public & Non-Profit Administration, Special Education)
- 11:00-12:00 – The Graduate School (all programs)
Locations for reception tents for the various schools and colleges are included below. Please feel free to take photographs at the water feature, Old Main, the Chancellor’s Residence, and other locations on campus if you wish.
- College of Arts and Sciences – The Quad (Between Livermore Library and Old Main)
- College of Health Sciences – Lawn in front of Moore Hall (MOORE)
- School of Education – Education Building (EDUC)
- School of Business – Business Administration Building (BA)
- The Graduate School – Behind University Center Annex
- Honors College – Hickory Hall
Parking is available in Lots 1, 2, and 24 near Old Main, Livermore Library, and Grace P. Johnson stadium. Campus maps are available here.
Please refer to the links along the side of the page for more information.
For general information about Commencement, please contact Scott Billingsley at 910.521.6353 or email@example.com.