Updated November 12, 2020
Congratulations Class of 2020!
The University of North Carolina at Pembroke will hold a drive-thru graduation ceremony for students receiving undergraduate and graduate degrees on Saturday, November 21, 2020. The ceremony will begin at 9:00 a.m., but graduates must check-in according to the schedule below. They should also check their UNCP Bravemail accounts for specific instructions about commencement. The entire ceremony will be livestreamed and available for viewing here. A map of the parade route is available below.
Graduates should arrive during their assigned block of time to avoid unnecessary traffic congestion. Only one vehicle per graduate will be allowed to join the parade of graduates, and all vehicles must have the appropriate designation to enter the route. All passengers must remain inside their vehicles throughout the processional. Only the graduates will be allowed to exit their vehicles to walk across the stage. The parade route will be strictly monitored by law enforcement and other university personnel. Please note that Prospect Road will be closed for the duration of the ceremony. Campus maps are available here.
Graduates should wear appropriate face coverings and regalia when they process across the stage. Regalia is available at the UNCP bookstore, and it is available online for distance education students. The bookstore will be open at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday, November 21, if you are unable to retrieve your regalia in advance.
Graduate check-in will be held in Parking Lot 14 in front of the Jones Athletic Center. Please arrive according to the schedule below:
- 8-9 a.m. – The Graduate School (all programs)
- 9-10 a.m. – College of Arts & Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts Degrees (Art, Criminal Justice, English, Theatre Arts, History, Music, Philosophy & Religion, Political Science, Sociology, Spanish)
- Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Music Degrees (Applied Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Geo-Environmental Studies, Information Technology, Mass Communication, Mathematics, Mathematics Education, Musical Theatre, Psychology, Science Education)
- 10-10:30 a.m. – College of Health Sciences (Athletic Training, Exercise & Sport Science, Health & Physical Education, Nursing, Social Work)
- 10:30-11 a.m. – School of Education, School of Business, Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies (Accounting, Applied Education Studies, Applied Information Technology, Applied Management Information System, Applied Professional Studies, Birth-Kindergarten, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Elementary Education, Hospitality, Public & Non-Profit Administration, Special Education)
Reception tents will be located near the water feature and the Quad. Please feel free to take photographs at the water feature, Old Main, the Chancellor’s Residence, and other locations on campus if you wish.
Parking is available in Lots 1, 2, and 24 near Old Main, Livermore Library, and Grace P. Johnson Stadium. Campus maps are available here.
GRAD IMAGES will take a photo of each graduate during the ceremony. Information will be emailed to your UNCP Bravemail account after commencement.
Please refer to the links along the side of the page for more information.
For more information about the UNDERGRADUATE ceremony, contact the Office of the Registrar at 910.521.6298 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the GRADUATE ceremony, please contact The Graduate School at 910.521.6271 or email@example.com.