North Carolina Health Careers Access Program's (NC-HCAP) mission is to increase the number of individuals from educationally or economically disadvantaged backgrounds, with an emphasis on underrepresented minorities (Native Americans, African Americans, Hispanics and Latinos) who are trained, educated and employed in the health profession.
Since 1971, we have been developing a diverse healthcare workforce - one student at a time.
NC-HCAP achieves this mission by:
- increasing awareness of career opportunities in the health profession,
- Cultivating interests in pursuit of health professions,
- Enhancing opportunities to gain access to formal training and education programs in the health professions, and
- Increasing the probability of success in completing formal training and education programs in the health professions.
OTHER LINK AND NOTICES
- UNC Pembroke and ECU Brody School of Medicine Early Assurance Scholars Program:
The Early Assurance Program is a partnership between ECU Brody School of Medicine (BSOM) and UNC Pembroke. Two of the 80 seats in the entering BSOM class are reserved four years in advance for outstanding students interested in attending UNCP for their under-graduate work.
In recognition of the honor of being selected as an Early Assurance student at BSOM, UNCP will provide a four year merit scholarship for the two students selected. This scholarship will assist the student in covering expenses to include books, room and board. Note: Room and board consists of on-campus housing ONLY.
UNC Pembroke accepted students who are North Carolina residents and reside in the designated counties (Robeson, Hoke, Scotland, Bladen, Columbus and Sampson) may apply for the Brody School of Medicine Early Assurance Program.
- Schedule of classes: http://braveweb.uncp.edu/