Chair: Melissa Schaub
Secretary: Jessica Dupuis
The Budget Advisory Committee shall consist of nine members: the Vice Chancellor of Finance & Administration, who serves in an ex officio capacity, and members of the General Faculty, one from each Division and two at-large, nominated by the Committee on Committees and Elections and confirmed by the Senate. Membership is for three-year staggered terms, and the chair and secretary of the Committee shall be appointed by the Faculty Senate Chair from its General Faculty membership. It is the Committee’s responsibility to develop a comprehensive understanding of the fiscal resources available to the University, their allocations, and their management, within the institutional contexts in which budgetary decisions are made. In this role, the Committee shall serve in a consultative role to the Vice Chancellor of Finance & Administration regarding the University’s strategy and management of fiscal resources and ensure that the University meets its fundamental mission, vision, and core values and future aspirations.
- Melissa Schaub, Senator and Chair (2021-2023)
- Jessica Dupuis, Faculty Member and Secretary (ARTS, 2021-2024)
- Misti Harper, Faculty Member (At Large, 2022-2025)
- Astrid Oviedo, Faculty Member (CHS, 2022-2025)
- Beverly Justice, Faculty Member (At Large, 2020-2023)
- Cornelia Tirla, Faculty Member (NSM, 2020-2023)
- Dena Breece, Faculty Member (SBS, 202-2023)
- Beth Holder, Faculty Member (EDUC, 2021-2024)
- Gabriel Eszterhas, Vice Chancellor for Finance & Administration, Ex-Officio
Suggested Principles for Addressing Budget Shortfalls
The Suggested Principles for Addressing Budget Shortfalls document expresses general principles for budget shortfalls that can guide administrators on the priorities of faculty when implementing cuts. It is revised every three years by the Budget Advisory Committee; the most recent version was approved by the Faculty Senate in Spring 2023.
The Committee meets on the fourth Monday of each month during the regular academic year.
Click here for Academic Year 2022-2023 Agendas and Minutes.
Summer 2020 Ad Hoc Budget Advisory Committee Agendas & Minutes