Chair: Tracy Vargas
The Academic Information Technology Committee is a standing committee of the Faculty Senate. The committee represents Faculty interests in all matters relating to Information Technology and acts as the service owner for technology services and Information Technology Policy where the primary focus is on pedagogy, faculty research, and service. The committee will make recommendations to the Faculty Senate regarding the implementation, governance, or changes to these technology services. The Committee will recommend and engage in faculty centered activities to adopt key academic technologies. The Committee will also advise the CIO and the Senate on new technology initiatives and will evaluate and make recommendations concerning academic computing and information policies, standards, and procedures proposed or implemented by DoIT.
- Tracy Vargas, Chair, Senator
- Junyong Kim, (SBS, 2022-2024)
- Beata Niedzialkowska, Senator
- Karen Granger, Faculty Member (EDUC, 2022-2024)
- Darlene Natale, Faculty Member (ARTS, 2022-2024)
- Haitao Zhao, Faculty Member (NSM, 2023-2025)
- Beverly Justice, Faculty Member (CHS, 2023-2025)
- TBD, Faculty Member (LETT, 2021-2023)
- Katina Blue, Associate Vice Chancellor of Information Resources/Chief Information Officer
- Terry Locklear, Instructional Designer
- TBA, Director of Online and Distance Education
- Shawnda Cummings, Representative from Accessibility Resource Center
- Najmul Hasan, Student Government Association Senator
- Kara Oxendine, Representative from the Library
The Committee meets on the second Monday of each month during the regular academic year.
Click here for Academic Year 2023-2024 Agendas and Minutes.