The Department of Inclusive Education serves the core curriculum of all of the following Programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education
- Graduate Elementary Education Programs
- Bachelor of Science in Birth-Kindergarten Education
- Master of Arts in Teaching in Birth to Kindergarten
- Bachelor of Science in Special Education
- Master of Arts in Teaching with a specialization in Special Education
Inclusive Education programs in the School of Education prepare committed, collaborative, and competent professional educators who are responsive to equity, diversity, and inclusion; who are knowledgeable, effective, and reflective; and who provide leadership in the classroom, school, and profession. These programs are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and the North Carolina State Board of Education and provide the means for candidates to earn licensure to teach in the state of North Carolina.