Chair: Brooke Kelly
The Faculty Awards Committee regularly reviews the criteria, guidelines, and procedures for nomination and selection relating to all faculty awards, and recommends changes to the Faculty Senate. The Committee publicizes the availability of the awards. The Committee receives nominations and votes to select recipients of the following awards, using criteria, guidelines and procedures defined by the donors and by the Faculty Senate: UNC Board of Governors' Award for Excellence in Teaching; UNC Board of Governors' Award for Excellence in Public Service; UNCP Outstanding Teaching Awards; Faculty Emeritus; UNCP Outstanding Teaching Award for Part-time Faculty; and the Adolph L. Dial Endowed Faculty Awards for Scholarship/Creative Work and for Community Service.
- Brooke Kelly, Sociology & Criminal Justice, Chair (SBS, 2022-2024)
- Karen Granger, Educational Leadership & Specialties (EDUC, 2022-2024)
- David Young, Library (At Large, 2022-2024)
- Cynthia Woodrup, Nursing (CHS, 2023-2025
- TBD, (ARTS, 2023-2025)
- Cornelia Tirla, Chemistry & Physics (NSM, 2023-2025)
- Robin Snead (LETT, 2023-2025)
Faculty Awards Suggested Schedule for Nomination Calls
- Board of Governors' Award: Early-September
- Board of Governors’ James E. Holshouser, Jr. Award for Excellence in Public Service: Mid-January
- The University of North Carolina at Pembroke Outstanding Teaching Awards: Mid-January
- The University of North Carolina at Pembroke Outstanding Teaching Award for Part-Time Faculty: Each Spring
- Adolph L. Dial Endowed Awards: Each Spring
- Professor Emeritus Status: Mid-September
The Faculty Awards Committee meets on an as-needed basis according to the timelines set for the various awards.
NOTE: The Faculty Awards Committee has suspended posting agendas and minutes.