This page has been created to provide convenient access to IT resources and instructions that will facilitate faculty and staff being able to work away from campus. Much of the information is also relevant when employees are working on campus.
IT Quick Links
- Canvas 24/7 Support - Faculty, call 833-665-7260, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or start a live chat
- WebEx - Getting Started in Webex at UNCP (video); Using WebEx
- Training for Canvas & Webex
- Canvas and Webex training sessions: Self-paced in Canvas or led by an Online Learning team member
- Troubleshooting Common Jabber & Webex Issues - Click here for instructions
- DoIT Help Desk Assistance - Submit an incident, call 910-521-6260 or email email@example.com
- Employee Technology Overview - Click here for an overview of technology resources for faculty and staff
- Classroom Technology
Backing Up, Saving & Sharing Files
DoIT recommends copying files from your computer and I: drive and storing them in the cloud. Microsoft OneDrive and Google Drive are available to you using your network credentials.
|O365 OneDrive||O365 OneDrive|
|Google Drive||Google Drive|
Canvas is known for being the most reliable Learning Management System (LMS) on the market. It makes online learning in today's mobile world much easier with tools designed for online, mobile, and tablet use.
- We’ve partnered with Canvas to provide comprehensive 24/7 support. Call 833-665-7260, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or start a live chat.
- The Office of Online Learning offers resources to faculty for teaching remotely. Get more information here.
- Click here for information about Canvas.
Email and Calendar
- Accessing Email Online
- Accessing a Shared Mailbox
- Office 365 Instructions
- Using BraveWeb to Email Students
Internet Connectivity Resources
Visit the North Carolina Department of Information Technology webpage to find out about new and existing, free or affordable service offerings from vendors across the state.
IT Security Best Practices
Using IT security best practices will enable you to work remotely as efficiently and securely as possible.
Anti-malware and Antivirus for Home Use
Download Cisco AMP (Advanced Malware Protection) from within BraveWeb to protect your personal devices against the latest virus and malware threats.
VPN & Duo
Maintenance of Personal Computers
While some UNCP faculty and staff have access to University laptops, many are using personal devices to work and access resources. In support of these personal devices, we’ve created this document to help you maintain them.
Network Drive Access
Access individual (I: drive) and departmental (K: drive) file storage from on or off campus.
Office Phones and Voicemail
Cisco Jabber can be used by faculty and staff to message UNCP colleagues and make phone calls from your computer (that will show up as if you're calling from your office phone). Jabber is an extension of your desktop phone and you can call others using the same 4-digit dialing, local, or long-distance dialing you use at your desktop phone. It can be installed on mobile devices as well as computers. Cisco IP Communicator is for use by departments with Call Centers.
- Changing Your Voicemail PIN
- Calling with Cisco Jabber
- Using Cisco Jabber Video (Windows)
- Cisco IP Communicator (Call Centers)
Self-Service Password Reset
It is easier than ever for you to recover your password. We have collaborated with Microsoft to use their Self-Service Password Reset utility. After registering, you will be able to reset, unlock, or change your password without having to contact the DoIT Help Desk.
The UNCP Division of Information Technology maintains licensing for, and supports numerous software packages. OnTheHub (a Microsoft-affiliated software portal) is also available to students, faculty, and staff for acquiring free or discounted software for use on personal devices.
- UNCP Devices
- Personal Devices
VMWare Horizon View (Virtual Environment)
VMWare Horizon View lets you access a selection of University software (such as Adobe Reader, Automic, Banner, BDM, Microsoft Office, and SPSS), from anywhere you have an Internet connection. It can be used by students, faculty and staff on University owned and personal computers.
Cisco Webex web conferencing is an easy, cost-effective way to exchange ideas and information online with anyone, anywhere, on any device with an Internet connection.
- Best Practices for Great Online Meetings
- Essentials for Working Remotely
- Getting Started In Webex Meetings at UNCP (video)
- Host a Webex Session in a Collaborative Space (video)
- Host a Webex Session in a Collaborative Space (pdf)
- Webex FAQ's: Record, Edit & Trim Webex Videos (video)
- Using Webex at UNCP
- Intro to Webex Teams (video)
- Webex Teams
WiFi Access in Exterior Campus Locations
UNCP is providing exterior wireless access for faculty, staff, students, and guests in some outdoor locations on campus. Details are provided on the page listed below.