The Division of Information Technolgy works diligently to provide secure network and technology services and to insure the confidentiality, availibility and integrity of university data. It is important for the entire campus community to do their part to insure the integrity and security of our data and technology resources. Please see the information below as a starting point.
Please contact the IT Security Office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns related to the security of our network systems and university data.
NOTE: DoIT, or any department or function of UNCP, will NEVER ask you for your password. If you receive an email asking you to supply or verify account credentials, please forward the email to email@example.com and DO NOT respond.
Data Privacy Information
- Respecting Privacy, Safeguarding Data and Enabling Trust
- Check Your Privacy settings (Major e-commerce, social media and other sites)
- Data Privacy Video (humorous presentation of key tips)
IT Security Information
As each installment of theIT Security Tip series is released, any expanded instructions or related materials will be posted here.
- Use a Password Protected Screensaver
- Identity Theft Prevention Program
- Online Identity Risk (Interactive Material)
- Identity Theft Information from the FTC (Web)
- Password Requirements
- The Importance of Keeping Passwords Secure
- How to change your network password
- Creating a Strong Password Video (YouTube)
- Virus Watch
- Department of Homeland Security Stop.Think.Connect. Campaign
- Stop.Think.Connect Campaign Videos
- Cyber-Bullying in Higher Education
- Information Security in Higher Education - Five Things You Need to Know
- North Carolina Cyber Security and Risk Management
- Educause CyberSecurity Initiative
- Computer / Internet Security in Higher Education