The Division of Information Technology works diligently to provide secure network and technology services and to ensure the confidentiality, availability and integrity of University data. It is important for the entire campus community to do their part to ensure the integrity and security of our data and technology resources. Please see the information below as a starting point.
Please contact the IT Security Office at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns related to the security of our network systems and university data.
NOTE: DoIT, or any department or function of UNCP, will NEVER ask you for your password. If you receive an email asking you to supply or verify account credentials, please forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org and DO NOT respond.
Data Privacy Information
- Respecting Privacy, Safeguarding Data and Enabling Trust
- Check Your Privacy settings (Major e-commerce, social media and other sites)
- Data Privacy Video (humorous presentation of key tips)
IT Security Best Practices
Using IT security best practices will enable you to work remotely as efficiently and securely as possible.
Anti-malware and Antivirus for Home Use
Download Cisco AMP (Advanced Malware Protection) from within BraveWeb to protect your personal devices against the latest virus and malware threats.
IT Security Information
- Password Requirements
- How to change your network password
- Creating a Strong Password Video (YouTube)
- Department of Homeland Security Stop.Think.Connect. Campaign
- Stop.Think.Connect Campaign Videos
- Cyber-Bullying in Higher Education
- Information Security in Higher Education - Five Things You Need to Know
- North Carolina Cyber Security and Risk Management
- Educause CyberSecurity Initiative
- Computer / Internet Security in Higher Education