Google’s G Suite for Education (Google for Higher Ed) is now available for all UNCP account holders. Read on to learn more, including how to access your UNCP G Suite account.
Will G Suite replace Office 365?
No. G Suite will complement the tools in Office 365, but it will not replace them.
Email and calendaring are not available within UNCP’s G Suite – Office 365 is the official platform for UNCP email and calendaring.
Why provide both Office 365 and G Suite?
- Our goal is to provide secure cloud collaboration for UNCP business needs.
- Both Office 365 and G Suite have compelling use cases for higher education.
- Security tools deployed at UNCP extend to both Office 365 and Google.
- Both Office 365 and Google provide unique opportunities for collaborating with UNCP co-workers, students, and outside affiliates.
- Both provide tools at no cost that would otherwise need to be purchased and managed as separate applications.
What if I use my personal G Suite account for UNCP business?
Stop. Personal accounts, including G Suite, Gmail, and Office 365, should not be used to conduct university business.
Office 365 and G Suite environments at UNCP are secured and managed to prevent data loss and data breach. Use of other cloud environments not managed by UNCP subjects university data to a high risk of exposure. The availability of 2 cloud platforms alleviates the necessity to use other cloud environments for university business.
How do I access G Suite for UNCP?
- Go to google.com
- Click “Sign in” located in the upper right.
- NOTE: If you are already signed in to another Google account, sign out or choose to use another Google account.
- Enter your UNCP email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- You will be directed to the login portal for UNCP.
- Enter your UNCP network username and password
- Click the square-shaped waffle symbol in the upper right to navigate the available applications including Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google Forms.
To learn more about G Suite for Education, Google “G Suite Learning Center”. You’ll find training guides, tips, customer examples, and other resources.