Chair: Renee Lamphere
- Jaeyoon Kim, Music (ARTS, until 2021)
- Meredith Storms, Chemistry and Physics (NSM, until 2020)
- Michele Fazio, English (LETT, until 2021)
- Emila Bak, Mass Communications (At-Large, until 2020)
- Renee Lamphere, Sociology and Criminal Justice (SBS, until 2021)
- Chiuchu Chuang, Educational Specialties (EDUC, until 2020)
- Frederick Stephens, Social Work (CHS, until 2021)
The Faculty Awards Committee regularly reviews the criteria, guidelines, and procedures for nomination and selection relating to all faculty awards, and recommends changes to the Faculty Senate. The Committee publicizes the availability of the awards. The Committee receives nominations and votes to select recipients of the following awards, using criteria, guidelines and procedures defined by the donors and by the Faculty Senate: UNC Board of Governors' Award for Excellence in Teaching; UNC Board of Governors' Award for Excellence in Public Service; UNCP Outstanding Teaching Awards; Faculty Emeritus; UNCP Outstanding Teaching Award for Part-time Faculty; and the Adolph L. Dial Endowed Faculty Awards for Scholarship/Creative Work and for Community Service.
The Faculty Awards Committee meets on an as-needed basis according to the timelines set for the various awards.
NOTE: The Faculty Awards Committee has suspended posting agendas and minutes.