ITSM Self Service (HEAT) is a web-based application that enables the campus community to submit service requests, create incident reports, and get status updates on tickets without requiring the need to contact the DoIT Help Desk. Behind the scenes, Self Service routes requests directly to the DoIT staff who can resolve issues. Self Service allows the submission of screenshots and other information that can help DoIT staff provide support (so include as much detail as possible). As a result, this option assists in empowering users and streamlining support.
Any current UNCP faculty, staff or student can access ITSM Self Service (using his/her network username and password) and perform the following tasks without requesting assistance from Help Desk staff.
- Submit common service requests.
- Submit a new ticket and receive an auto-confirmation of an issue ticket via email.
- View and check the status of your tickets, and edit to add information as needed.
- View the history of an issue/ticket.
- View Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and UNCP’s Knowledge Center for support on and resolution of incidents to alleviate the need to submit an incident ticket.
Within Self Service, there are two flavors of requests: Service Requests and Incidents.
- Service Requests provide a way for DoIT staff to handle routine requests more efficiently. Service request examples: installation of new software on specific campus computers, requesting access to publish to a distribution list, and reservation to check out a laptop from the Help Desk. Over time, many more options will be available through this tool.
- Incidents are issues encountered during normal business operations that require DoIT assistance to resolve. Examples include forgotten password, network connectivity issues, printer problems, and general computer operability issues.
Access the guide below to get step by step instructions for using ITSM Self Service.