Student, faculty and staff UNCP BraveWeb/network account credentials are used to access BraveWeb, Canvas, Drupal, email, G Suite for Education, Webex, WiFi, among others. Passwords are set to expire every 90 days.
Note: Do not allow anyone access to your account. If you suspect that someone may know your password, change it immediately.
- Previous passwords must not be used
- Must consist of a minimum of eight (8) characters
- Must contain at least one character from three (3) of the following four (4) categories:
- Uppercase letters (Examples: A, B, C, D, E)
- Lowercase letters (Examples: a, b, c, d, e)
- Digits (Examples: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Symbols (Examples: ~, !, @, #, $, %, ?)
- Shall not contain more than two (2) consecutive letters from the full name or username
- Shall not contain dictionary words or abbreviations
- Shall not contain dictionary words or abbreviations modified by substituting special characters or digits for letters
If you are unable to change/reset your password using the information below, call or go by the DoIT Help Desk for further assistance. Assistance for account credentials cannot be provided by email.
Students, Faculty and Staff
Accounts for Other Clients/Users
Anyone without access to Office 365, such as administrative .ADM accounts, vendors, and guests, may use the following link to change their passwords.
While alumni can change passwords for their accounts, the password cannot be reset by the individual. Alumni must contact the DoIT Help Desk by phone or in person to recover an account if you forget your password.
UNCP passwords expire every 90 days and must be changed. Clients will get the following message beginning 14 days prior to their password expiration. If the password remains unchanged, they will also receive messages at 7, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, and 0 day(s) prior to expiration.
From: DoIT Help Desk <email@example.com>
Subject: UNCP Password expires <in 14 days>
Dear <First Name> <Last Name>,
Your UNCP password will expire <in 14 days> for your UNCP account <User Account>.
To avoid disruption of service, DoIT recommends changing your password at your earliest convenience. Once your password has expired, you will be forced to change your password in order to sign in.
After changing your password, don't forget to update your saved passwords in other locations, including email on mobile devices, desktop computers, and wireless.
If you've lost access to your account, you can reset your password using the Self Service Password Reset utility.
For more information regarding password reset, visit the UNCP DoIT webpage.
If you have any questions, please contact the DoIT Help Desk.
DoIT Help Desk
Division of Information Technology
University of North Carolina at Pembroke
PO Box 1510, 1 University Dr., Pembroke, NC 28372
Campus Location: DF Lowry 110