ServiceNow is the new IT Service Management (ITSM) platform. The ITSM Service Portal is your one stop shop for all things DoIT: submitting requests, reporting issues, and viewing the status of your open requests. The portal is also available by clicking the "ITSM Self Service" link in UNCP's Quicklinks menu.
Access this video to get started using the Service Portal.
The Service Portal is a web-based application that enables the campus community to submit requests, create incident reports, and get status updates without requiring the need to contact the DoIT Help Desk. Behind the scenes, requests are routed directly to the DoIT staff who can resolve the issues or provide the services. The Service Portal allows the submission of screenshots and other information that can help DoIT staff provide support (so include as much detail as possible). As a result, this option assists in empowering users and streamlining support.
Any current UNCP faculty, staff or student can access the ITSM Service Portal (using his/her network username and password) and perform the following tasks without requesting assistance from Help Desk staff.
- Submit common service requests.
- Submit an incident report and receive an auto-confirmation via email.
- Check the status of your incidents, and add information as needed.
- View the history of an issue.
- View Knowledge Center for support on and resolution of incidents to alleviate the need to submit an incident ticket.
The Service Portal has two types of items: Incidents and Requests.
- Incidents are issues encountered during normal business operations that require DoIT assistance to resolve. Examples include network connectivity issues, general computer operability issues, and email access.
- Requests provide a way for DoIT staff to handle routine requests more efficiently. Request examples: installation of new software on specific campus computers, requesting access to publish to a distribution list, reservation to check out a laptop from the Help Desk, Banner access, and reporting requests.