Faculty and staff who are planning to retire can request a retiree email account. However, there will no longer be access to BraveWeb resources (such as Banner Self-Service), Google apps, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Cisco WebEx and Zoom (including recordings), and more. Files that the retiree wishes to keep need to be downloaded prior to the end of employment.
Prior to Retirement…
Request a retiree email account
- Contact the DoIT Help Desk at least 3 weeks prior to retirement to request a retiree email account. Provide a personal phone number, and personal email address if possible.
- After the account is created, you'll be provided a temporary password.
- You'll need to change the password and set up multi-factor authentication credentials.
- Your email address will be in the format email@example.com.
- This is a new account. Any email messages from your employee account will need to be forwarded if you would like to retain them.
Back up cloud storage files
- Download files saved in OneDrive.
- Download files saved in Google Drive.
- Download Webex recordings.
- Download Zoom recordings.
Save info from BraveWeb
Since retiree accounts don't have access to BraveWeb resources, download any information you need from Banner Self Service, eBenefits, Empyrean, etc.
UNCP retiree email
- Use UNCP Quicklinks or go to https://outlook.office.com to log in with your email address and password.
- Continue to change your password every 90 days. Prior to expiration, you will receive a password expiration email which contains a link to use for changing the account password. View an example of a password expiration email.
- If you've lost access to your account, you can reset your password using the Self Service Password Reset utility.
Microsoft Office Apps
- Retirees do not have access to Microsoft 365 online apps.
- Retirees do not have access to install Microsoft 365 apps to their devices.
- UNCP Microsoft 365 software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) will no longer be licensed so the files saved to your computer become read-only until you purchase a personal Microsoft Office license.
Travel Abroad IT Restrictions
If you plan to travel to Iran, North Korea, Russia, Syria or Yemen, you'll need to complete the Temporary International Travel Request at least 2 weeks prior to leaving. Get additional information from the Travel Abroad IT Restrictions and Accommodations webpage.
Help Desk Support
For technology assistance contact the DoIT Help Desk. When emailing the Help Desk for assistance, include a contact phone number. If emailing from a personal email address, also include your UNCP retiree email address.