The UNCP Instructional Spaces Infrastructure Initiative (ISI) will focus on instructional infrastructure refresh for instructional spaces. UNCP must provide faculty, staff, and students with high-quality technology for instruction, learning, research, work productivity, and creative endeavors. This project focuses on the goals of creating a sustainable, predictable, and dependable model for identifying, procuring, and managing instructional space infrastructure at UNCP. DoIT’s goal is to achieve a 5 to 6 year refresh cycle that can be sustained, barring technology disruptions that force a shorter cycle. A portion of the instructional spaces can be refreshed each year. The pace of refresh, however, will be dependent upon the availability of funds.
Definition of Terms:
- Instructional spaces - academic spaces including classrooms, computer labs, and seminar rooms.
- Instructional infrastructure - hardware including projection, control, audio, scanners, document cameras, and video conferencing systems.
- Campus Computing Initiative - operational initiative to refresh client computers for faculty, staff, classrooms and computer labs.
What is out of scope?
The following are not part of the instructional spaces infrastructure refresh.
- Computers purchased through the Campus Computing Initiative
- Non-academic and grant funded spaces
- Furniture (whiteboard, podiums, desk, chairs, tables, etc.)
- Altering the physical structure of instructional spaces
View spaces on the ISI refresh schedule on the Lab & Classroom Upgrade Schedule page.