The PDFs are fillable forms. Type into the form, print it, get appropriate signatures and then submit the original as indicated. To save data typed into a form, download the blank form. Open it with Adobe Reader, type and resave.
Banner Class Assignment Process
Step 1: Access to data stored in Banner is governed by a number of Data Stewards. Each steward is responsible for specific sets of data and must authorize access by others to that data. In order to access data stored in Banner your manager will need to send an email to the mailbox of the Data Steward of the data being requested. The list of Data Steward Mailboxes can be found at Banner Data Owners Shared Mailboxes.
The email should contain:
- The manager's contact information
- The employee's First and Last name
- The employee's username
- The employee's Banner ID
- The data that the employee needs access to
Please be aware that you may need to contact several Data Stewards based on the access that the employee needs.
Step 2: The Data Steward will contact the manager to get details on the data being requested and will submit a Banner Access Service Request on behalf of the employee.
Step 3: Once DoIT receives the Banner Access Service Request from the Data Steward, the employee access will be granted in Banner and confirmation will be sent to the employee.
Banner Account Application Process
Account Creation Service Request - Submit this service request for a Banner account for an employee if a Banner Class Assignment described above is not needed.
Banner Class Maintenance Process
Banner Class Maintenance Request - Use this service request to create, modify or delete Banner security classes. This service request may only be completed by the Data Steward or Manager responsible for the class. Objects must exist within the scope of common user objects or the specific functional domain of the Data Steward or Manager. Specify the Banner objects to add or remove from the class, along with the type of access. Use a separate service request for each class.
Banner Document Management Security Forms
Banner Document Management Access Service Request - Only Data owners can submit this request. An email should be sent to the data owner requesting the access needed. A list of BDM Owners' email groups is stated below. Each data owner is only allowed to submit request for the BDM groups that they own.
Process for Submitting Service Requests for Enterprise Applications
- Banner Data Changes – Use this form to request data to be added, deleted or updated in Banner Tables. Examples would be removing a document from GURFEED or updating a baseline or custom table.
- RWA Account Creation – Use this to request an account for RWA Reporting Access.
- Upgrade of Banner Products – This request should be used for any upgrade, patch or update to Baseline Banner Products.
- New or Existing Application, Interface, Program - This request should be used for installations of new interfaces, applications that integrate with EA services, modifications to custom applications and Banner interfaces, including, but not limited to Student, HR and Finance Datamarts, HR/Payroll Interfaces, TargetX Integrations, Existing Financial Aid programs such as ELM updates or changes.
Users Requesting Reports
Step 1: Access to data stored in Banner is governed by a number of Data Stewards/Managers. Each steward or manager is responsible for specific sets of data and must authorize access by others to that data. In order to access data stored in a report in Argos, an email will need to be sent to the mailbox of the Data Steward/Manager of the data being requested. The list of Data Owners Mailboxes can be found at Banner Data Owners Shared Mailboxes.
The email should contain:
- The data needed in the report such as field names. i.e. Banner Id, Student Name, etc.
- Any filters needed, such as by term, student level, college, dept, etc.
Please be aware that you may need to contact several Data Stewards based on the data being requested.
Requesting Argos Access or DataBlock Request
Step 1: The Data Steward/Manager should determine if a report exists or can be built via an existing DataBlock. If a report exists or can be built, then the Data Steward/Manager should submit the Argos Access Service Request.
If Data Steward/Manager determines a new DataBlock is needed or an existing DataBlock needs to be updated, then a DataBlock Request will need to be submitted. Use this template to upload to the request.
Step 2: Once DoIT receives the Argos Access Service Request from the Data Steward, the employee access will be granted in Argos.
Please note that only Data Owners can submit the Argos Access or Data Block Requests
Account Creation Request - Submit this request for a network account for contract workers and vendors only. Full time faculty, staff, and adjunct faculty have network accounts created as part of their onboarding process. The request must be submitted to DoIT via the ITSM Service Portal at least 5 business days prior to the account being needed.
- Access the Account Creation request.
- This request must be submitted by the supervisor/sponsor.
- After DoIT sets up the network account, an email will be sent to the user’s personal email address provided in the request. After notification, the user can call the Help Desk at 910.521.6260 to have their password reset.
Shared Mailbox Application
Shared Mailbox Service Request - Supervisors must submit this service request for a new shared mailbox to be created or to add/remove permission to a shared mailbox. After a person has been granted permission, they can access the mailbox using these instructions.
Software Installation for Faculty/Staff or Lab and Classroom Machines
The University Web Publisher is responsible for granting Drupal accounts and providing training and assistance in developing all web pages. Contact the University Communications and Marketing department.