- When and how do I apply for graduation? Fill out the Graduation application here or you can pick up the application from the Registrar's Office at the beginning of the semester prior to your final year. Obtain the required signatures, pay the graduation fee and return the form to the Registrar's Office. You must apply one year in advanced for graduation. November 1 is the official deadline for turning in Winter graduation applications; April 1 is the deadline for Spring. For example, those graduating Spring or Summer 2022 must apply by April 1, 2021. Dates may adjust if the 1st falls on a weekend.
- What is the fee for graduation? The non-refundable Undergraduate application fee is $55. After the deadline for graduation each semester, a $25 late fee is applied to this charge. It is best practice to pay fee when submitting the application.
- Where can I pay the graduation fee? The cashier’s office is able to process all payments either in person or over the phone, be sure to keep your receipt number for your graduation application.
- How do I run my own audit? Go to Braveweb, click Banner Self Service, then click Student and Financial Aid, then Student Records, then Degree Audit Online Request. Once you are there run your audit to get your most current information for graduation. If you need additional help your advisor can assist with reading your audit and helping with classes needed for graduation.
- How do I graduate in absentia? If you do not attend commencement but wish for your cover to be mailed to you, please fill out the Absentia Form located here. There is a $3.50 postage fee for mailing out diploma covers. Please do not submit it earlier than your final semester. If student received honors, honor cords can be mailed out with diploma cover.
- When should I get my diploma? Graduates will receive their diploma in the mail 6-8 weeks after their respective graduation date, unless graduating in August. August graduates receive their diploma 6-8 weeks after Fall commencement.
- When can I request my final transcript from Graduation? Final transcripts can be ordered here once you have received confirmation from the Graduation Clearance Team after checkout has been completed. Any transcripts purchased prior to this confirmation cannot be cancelled or refunded. Please select current transcript when purchasing after receiving this confirmation.
- What is checkout? Checkout is a process after graduation in which we confirm that students have met all requirements for commencement. Once this process has been completed, you will receive an email awarding your degree. You can then order final transcripts and your diploma will be ordered and sent to the address we have on file.
- My address has changed? How do I update my current address? Addresses that need to be updated can be done using this form here.
- How can I order a duplicate diploma? Send in a Request for Duplicate Diploma (below), with your name as you would have it appear on the diploma, date of graduation, major and the address to which it will be mailed. There is a $25.00 duplicate diploma fee as well as a fee of $10.00 if you would like to receive a diploma cover. Mail the request to UNCP, Registrar's Office, PO Box 1510, Pembroke, NC 28372. Payment can be made by calling the Cashier’s office at 910-521-6855. The diploma will be mailed to you directly from the company and you will receive an email when it is mailed. Please note, if your name has changed since you graduated, you will also need to complete a Name Change form.
- How long does it take? Duplicate Diplomas are ordered on the 15th of every month, or if we have a large order after commencement. You will receive an email to the one on the request once it is shipped. This can take 3-4 weeks after ordering to be processed and shipped.
- What happens if I do not graduate? If you do not meet graduation requirements by commencement, you will be notified by email and mail if you do not meet all graduation requirements.
- What if I need to change my graduation date from the one I applied under? Please complete the Graduation Date Change form here: https://www.uncp.edu/forms/graduation-date-change
- How do I qualify for graduation honors? Honors calculations are done for students who qualify, student’s will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Students must have earned (not in progress) 45 hours at UNCP and have at least a 3.400 to qualify for honors.
- When will I receive my honor cords if I qualify for graduation honors? Honor cords are available at grad finale. Honor cords that were not previously given at grad finale can be picked up in the Registrar’s office prior to commencement.
- Application for Undergraduate Graduation (PDF), (Word)
- Address, Email, and Telephone Number Change Form
- Name Change Form
- Absentia Form (PDF), (Word)
- Declaration of Major, Minor, Concentration and/or Advisor (PDF), (Word)