The Task Force on Teaching Excellence is an advisory body to the Teaching & Learning Center. Representing each of UNCP's colleges and schools and Mary Livermore Library, the faculty who comprise this council are distinguished in the area of excellence in teaching and learning. The provost and vice chancellor for Academic Affairs has supervisory authority over the Teaching and Learning Center, and, as such, approves the membership of the committee.
The membership of the committee for AY2018-2019 is as follows:
- Michael Alewine, M.L.S., M.S. (Library Representative), Associate Librarian
- Cherry Maynor Beasley, Ph.D. (NS&M, to 2020), Anne R. Belk Endowed Professor of Nursing
- Charles Beem, Ph.D. (LETT, to 2019), Professor of History
- Kirill Bumin, Ph.D. (S&BS, to 2019), Associate Dean of the Graduate School and Associate Professor of Political Science & Public Administration
- Terence Dollard, B.F.A., M.F.A. (ARTS, to 2020), Associate Professor of Mass Communication
- Eun Hee Jeon, Ph.D. (LETT, to 2020), Associate Professor of English, Theatre & Foreign Languages
- Shenika Jones, Ph.D. (EDUC, to 2019), Assistant Professor of Educational Leadership & Counseling
- Zhixin (Richard) Kang, M.S.F.E., M.B.A. (S&BS, to 2021), Associate Professor of Economics & Decision Sciences
- Sivanadane Mandjiny, Ph.D. (NS&M, to 2021), Chair and Professor of Chemistry & Physics
- Claudia Nicholson, Ph.D. (EDUC, to 2019), Associate Professor of Teacher Education
- Carla Rokes, B.F.A., M.F.A. (ARTS, to 2021), Chair and Associate Professor of Art
- Conner Sandefur, Ph.D. (NS&M, to 2020), Assistant Professor of Biology
- Joe Sciulli, Ed.D. (EDUC, to 2021), Associate Professor of Elementary Education
For more information, contact TLC director Scott Hicks at (910) 775-4032 or firstname.lastname@example.org.