The Task Force on Teaching Excellence is an advisory body to the Teaching & Learning Center. Representing each of UNCP's colleges and schools and Mary Livermore Library, the faculty who comprise this council are distinguished in the area of excellence in teaching and learning. The provost and vice chancellor for Academic Affairs, delegating to the associate provost, has supervisory authority over the Teaching & Learning Center, and, as such, approves the membership of the committee. The Director of the TLC serves as chair of the Task Force.
The Task Force, dba the Directed Academic Leave Committee, accepts and evaluates proposals for Directed Academic Leave, due by noon Jan. 15 annually. Note: The granting of Directed Academic Leave is suspended until further notice. For proposal and submission information, please click on the Call for Proposals below. To submit a proposal, please complete this application.
The membership of the committee is as follows:
- Robert Arndt, MA, MFA, MLS (Library Representative, to 2023), Associate Librarian
- Cherry Maynor Beasley, PhD (HSCI, to 2023), Chair and Anne R. Belk Endowed Professor of Nursing
- Charles Beem, PhD (LETT, to 2022), Professor of History
- Kirill Bumin, PhD (S&BS, to 2022), Associate Dean of the Graduate School and Associate Professor of Political Science & Public Administration
- Kaitlin Campbell, PhD (NS&M, to 2023), Assistant Professor of Biology
- Terence Dollard, MFA (ARTS, to 2023), Associate Professor of Mass Communication
- Kennard DuBose, DSW (HSCI, to 2022), Assistant Professor of Social Work
- Eun Hee Jeon, PhD (LETT, to 2023), Associate Professor of English, Theatre & Foreign Languages
- Tiffany Locklear, EdD (EDUC, to 2022), Assistant Professor of Inclusive Education
- Sivanadane Mandjiny, Ph.D. (NS&M, to 2021), Chair and Professor of Chemistry & Physics
- Carla Rokes, MFA (ARTS, to 2021), Chair and Associate Professor of Art
- Christopher Solano, PhD (S&BS, to 2024), Assistant Professor of Accounting & Finance
- Laura Staal, PhD (EDUC, to 2024), Associate Professor of Educational Leadership & Specialties
For more information, contact TLC director Scott Hicks at (910) 775-4032 or firstname.lastname@example.org.