The Task Force on Teaching Excellence is an advisory body to the Teaching & Learning Center. Representing each of UNCP's colleges and schools and Mary Livermore Library, the faculty who comprise this council are distinguished in the area of excellence in teaching and learning. The provost and vice chancellor for Academic Affairs, delegated to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Success and Dean of the University College, has supervisory authority over the Teaching and Learning Center, and, as such, approves the membership of the committee. The Director of the TLC serves as chair of the Task Force.
The Task Force, dba the Directed Academic Leave Committee, accepts and evaluates proposals for Directed Academic Leave, due by noon Jan. 15 annually. For proposal and submission information, please click on the Call for Proposals below. To submit a proposal, please complete this application.
The membership of the committee for AY2020-2021 is as follows:
- Robert Arndt, M.A., M.F.A., M.L.S. (Library Representative, to 2023), Associate Librarian
- Cherry Maynor Beasley, Ph.D. (HSCI, to 2023), Chair and Anne R. Belk Endowed Professor of Nursing
- Charles Beem, Ph.D. (LETT, to 2022), Professor of History
- Kirill Bumin, Ph.D. (S&BS, to 2022), Associate Dean of the Graduate School and Associate Professor of Political Science & Public Administration
- Kaitlin Campbell, Ph.D. (NS&M, to 2023), Assistant Professor of Biology
- Terence Dollard, B.F.A., M.F.A. (ARTS, to 2023), Associate Professor of Mass Communication
- Eun Hee Jeon, Ph.D. (LETT, to 2023), Associate Professor of English, Theatre & Foreign Languages
- Shenika Jones, Ph.D. (HSCI, to 2022), Assistant Professor of Educational Leadership & Counseling
- Zhixin (Richard) Kang, M.S.F.E., M.B.A. (S&BS, to 2021), Associate Professor of Economics & Decision Sciences
- Sivanadane Mandjiny, Ph.D. (NS&M, to 2021), Chair and Professor of Chemistry & Physics
- Claudia Nickolson, Ph.D. (EDUC, to 2022), Associate Professor of Teacher Education
- Carla Rokes, B.F.A., M.F.A. (ARTS, to 2021), Chair and Associate Professor of Art
- Joe Sciulli, Ed.D. (EDUC, to 2021), Chair and Associate Professor of Teacher Education
For more information, contact TLC director Scott Hicks at (910) 775-4032 or email@example.com.