Graduate School Spring 2022 Graduation
The Graduate School commencement ceremony will take place Friday, May 13, 2022, at 7 p.m., at the Quad located between the Mary Livermore Library and Old Main. Please read all the following information very carefully.
- NO tickets are needed for the graduate school commencement.
- 6 p.m. report to the Auxillary Gym in the Jones Athletic Center for preparation and instructions.
- 6 p.m. guests can start being seated at the quad.
- 6:45 p.m. seating area will close. All guests should be seated.
- During the ceremony, University marshals will lead you to the stage where your name will be announced, your hood will be draped over your shoulders; you will receive a degree cover and have a picture taken with Chancellor Cummings.
- After the ceremony, a reception will be held for graduates and guests.
- Do not wear your hood. Have your hood ironed (if desired) and on your arm. You will be hooded on stage by Dr. Aiken as part of the ceremony.
- Parking is available in Lots 10, 12, 16, 16A, and 17. Handicapped accessible parking is available in Lots 16A and 22. Please see the campus map for parking lot locations.
- The UNCP Bookstore will sell roses, balloons, and alumni gear in the spirit trailer located beside Starbucks starting at 5:30 p.m.
- GRAD IMAGES will take a photo of each graduate during the ceremony. Information will be mailed to the graduates after commencement.
- Diplomas will be mailed early summer after the spring semester grades are processed and diplomas have been printed.
- Candidates who are unable to participate in the ceremony may request permission to graduate in absentia. Attached is the in-absentia form that must be submitted along with a check for $3.50 for postage to Megan Strickland, The Registrar’s Office; UNC Pembroke, Post Office Box 1510, Pembroke, NC 28372. (payments can also be completed over the phone by calling student accounts 910.521.6855 and emailing your form to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Commencement Accommodations (from the Accessibility Resource Center)