The Graduate Council is the university-wide body responsible for approving all procedures, regulations and curriculum matters affecting graduate students and programs.
2021-22 Meetings (Open), 3 p.m., currently to be held virtually at https://uncp.webex.com/meet/grad.
September 20, 2021 January 24, 2022
October 18, 2021 February 21, 2022
November 15, 2021 March 21, 2022
April 18, 2022
Graduate Council's agenda and minutes for the previous academic years are located here.
Graduate Faculty Nominations/Renewal Form is to be completed before the faculty is to begin instruction and 10 days before the next Graduate Council meeting.
Curriculum and Program Proposals
To propose a new or revised course (Course Proposal form) or new or altered program (Program Proposal form), you will need to go to the Academic Affairs Forms webpage (Academic Affairs website). Read the directions and select the appropriate webform. Completed webforms in Curriculog, with all electronic approvals up to the Dean of The Graduate School (registrar, provost, etc.), must be ready for the Graduate Council review by Friday, 10 days before the Graduate Council meeting during which the proposal is to be considered.
Graduate Council Membership, 2021-22
- Dr. Irene Pittman Aiken, Chair and Dean of The Graduate School
- Dr. Whitney Akers, Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Dr. Suzanne Altobello, Member-at-large
- Dr. Gary Anderson, Public Administration
- Ms. Christine Bell, Business Administration
- Ms. Latoya Brewer, Mathematics Education
- Dr. Kirill Bumin, Secretary
- Dr. Serina Cinnamon, Social Studies Education
- Ms. Susan Edkins, Athletic Training
- Dr. Kelly Ficklin, Elementary Education
- Dr. Susan Frauenholtz, Social Work
- Dr. Rita Hagevik, Science Education
- Dr. Veronica Hardy, Member-at-large
- Dr. Julie Harrison-Swartz, Nursing
- Dr. Naomi Lifschitz-Grant, Art Education
- Dr. Roger Ladd, English Education
- Dr. Jonathan Ricks, Professional School Counseling
- Dr. Marisa Scott, Special Education
- Dr. Heather Kim Sellers, Reading Education
- Dr. Thomas Trendowski, Physical Education
- Dr. Velinda Woriax, Member-at-large
- Dr. Bryan Winters, School Administration
- GSO President or designee