Staff Council will use this publication to keep all SHRA and EHRA Non-Teaching staff members abreast of everything going on throughout campus and the resources available to you. We will feature employee-related events and training so that we can all become more aware of the opportunities available to us.
With your help, we will also use the publication to “spotlight” staff members active within the community, or our members who have reached any milestones like graduation, births, and marriages. We think your accomplishments should be shared so let us know your news! Our Star Employees and the Employee of the Year will also be featured within this publication as an additional way to recognize their hard work and as a small thank you for all they do.
We hope you enjoy our newsletter and we hope you take advantage of it by sharing your news and giving us feedback. Thank you for your time and, hopefully, your input. Have a great day!
In lieu of all the talk, concerns and questions regarding the Governor’s declaration of a state emergency, in connection with COVID-19 to activate emergency operations center, we have decided to provide some helpful tips to follow to ensure healthy habits that can limit your exposure to respiratory diseases such as colds, flu and COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus.
Please visit OHR website as they have a lot of great links …. https://www.uncp.edu/facultystaff/human-resources scroll to the bottom and you will find UNCP’s link, UNC system, OSHR FAQs and CDC’s info.
- UNC System
- NC Office of State Human Resources FAQs
Please see below Resources available for Staff, Faculty and students!
- ASKUNCP | If you have specific and unanswered questions, please send them to askUNCP@uncp.edu.
- UNCP COVID-19 UPDATES | Please continue to refer to uncp.edu/ncov for the most recent information, updates and resources available to our campus community.
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM | If you are experiencing anxiety related to the spread of COVID-19, please know all employees have access to confidential professional assistance through our employee assistance program.
- RELIEF FUND | Students and employees experiencing financial emergencies can apply for assistance through the employee emergency relief fund or the student emergency relief fund.
- FOOD INSECURITY | Students experiencing food insecurity can visit the CARE Resource Center. Hours and information are available at uncp.edu/crc.
- REMOTE WORK RESOURCES | We strongly encourage implementing practices and processes that embrace social distancing in the workplace. The Division of Information Technology has crafted a webpage of resources to help in a remote working situation. More information about DoIT resources available can be found on DoIT’s Keep Working page.
- FREE BROADBAND | Charter Communications is offering free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription. More information can be found on the Charter Communications website. Please note: The University does not endorse Charter Communications or its services. Individuals should investigate all terms associated with service to decide if it is right for them.
At home Self-care tips provided by the Counseling Department
Self-care tips you can do at home are: bubble bath with a bath bomb, listen to your favorite music (Jhene Aiko released a new album), cook your favorite meal with music playing. Is there a new Netflix or Hulu you have not watched? Watch it. Are you into playing video games? Call Of Duty released a new add-on game field, play it. Do you have little kids at home? Here is a link to 30 virtual field trips: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SvIdgTx9djKO6SjyvPDsoGlkgE3iExmi3qh2KRRku_w/preview?fbclid=IwAR1mrnS136_7N0th8NEr1p5ZtPIGlrOdZpgsdnwRWo850YM_R1h2SdAdazE#
Please stay safe and stay healthy.
A Counseling Student at UNC-Pembroke CMHC Program
Chi Sigma Iota- Phi Sigma President at UNC-Pembroke
2020 Staff Council Chili Cookoff- March 9, 2020