How do I do that?
Are you a recent graduate?
Are you looking for a second (or third) career?
Are you a retiree looking for a rewarding post-retirement opportunity?
Most importantly ....
Do you want to make a difference?!
The MAT programs offers an opportunity for anyone interested in teaching to pursue both licensure and a Masters degree all in one program.
Visit our Graduate School for admission requirements.
Fall: August 1
Spring: December 1
Summer: May 1
Contact our SSE Director for more information TODAY!
- American History (6 hours)
- World History (6 hours)
- American government or equivalent (3 hours)
- Political Science (3 hours)
- Economics or equivalent (3 hours)
- Psychology or equivalent (3 hours)
*Prerequisites may be waived in part or whole if candidate has a passing Praxis II social studies content score at the time of admission.
MAT Course Requirements
Total Hours: 30
Educator Preparation Core (9 hours)
- EDN 5040 Basic Tenets of Education (3)
- EDN 5120 Advanced Study of Exceptionality in Children (3)
- EDN 5450 Introduction to Curriculum Design and Best Practices (3)
- EDN 5460 Field Experience (0) – must be taken every semester in the program
Pedagogy (9 hours)
- SSE 5100 Principles of Social Studies Education and Instruction
- SSE 5500 Advanced Social Studies Curriculum and Instructional Methods
- SSE 5810: Internship & Seminar (3 hours)
**CAPSTONE- initial licensure (required as part of the internship course)
Content in the Social Studies (12 hours)
- HST 5100 Historiography
- Select courses from any of the following disciplines:
- Political Science
- American Indian Studies