Each year the Department of Biology bestows awards to several of its most outstanding students. Pictured above are some of the 2019 award winners.
2019 Award Winners:
- Biology Faculty Award -- Cheyenne Lee
- Robert Britt Memorial Scholarship -- Melanie A. Handley
- Environmental Science Scholarship -- not awarded
- Environmental Science Sustainable Agriculture Scholarship -- not awarded
- James Porter Math and Environmental Science Scholarship -- Joshua Cade and Chailee Jones
- Lumber River EMC Scholar Program -- Phoenix Lockear
- Biology Club Award -- Jazlyn Pointer
1. Biology Faculty Award is given to a junior who has an outstanding GPA and who is majoring in biology or environmental science. The cash award is $200.
2. Robert Britt Memorial Scholarship is given to a biology/environmental science student with an exceptional interest in the plant sciences. The cash award varies but can be as much as $500.
3. James Ebert Award is given to a biology/environmental science student with an exceptional interest in ecology. The cash award is $250.
4. Biology Club Award is given to an outstanding member of the Club. The cash award is $100.
5. Ecology/Environmental Science Award is given to a biology/environmental science student who demonstrates exceptional interest in ecology. Anonymous donor.
6. Science Education Award is given to a student who demonstrates outstanding leadership or achievement in science education. The award is contingent upon GPA.
The 2018 award winners are pictured below (photographs courtesy of Dr. Leon Jernigan).