UNCP continues to follow CDC recommendations for COVID-19 testing, isolation guidance and vaccination.
Below are few actions you can take to help prevent COVID-19 and its spread:
- Know the symptoms of COVID-19, and when to seek medical attention.
- Do all you can to reduce the spread of this disease by taking simple precautions:
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with tissue or the inside of your elbow.
- Disinfect surfaces and objects, especially those frequently touched.
- Be prepared: My COVID-19 Plan (Spanish) - a fillable form that helps prepare you in case you get sick
- Stay up- to-date with COVID-19 Vaccines -Vaccines remain the best defense against COVID-19 and its variants.
UNCP students should contact Student Health Services (SHS) at 910.521.6219 to schedule an appointment if they wish to be tested for COVID-19 or are symptomatic.
Students who test positive for COVID-19, should contact SHS immediately. Medical excuses for students may be obtained from SHS only when the student sees the healthcare provider BEFORE class is missed.
Students can also make an appointment to receive a COVID-19 vaccination, while supplies last.
FACULTY AND STAFF:
All employees who have tested positive, suspect they may be ill with or have been exposed to COVID-19, should notify their supervisor. For more information on obtaining at-home tests or finding testing locations, use the following link.