The voting period will begin on Monday, April 12th starting at 12 a.m. and will end on Sunday, April 18th at 11:59 p.m. Students eligible to vote in the 2020 Spring Election will be able to do so using the voting feature on BraveConnect at the start time of voting. To review the candidates, please click the link below to access the Candidate Handbook.
Spring 2021 SGA Candidate Handbook (this resource is not available yet for the 2021 Spring Elections)
The Student Government Association is excited to announce that SGA elections are now open! All UNC Pembroke students are members of the SGA, and these students are represented by elected or appointed officers. This is your opportunity to become an officer – be involved in the democratic process and create a positive change for yourself and other students on campus. To review current vacancies in our senate, please visit our Active SGA Members page and scroll down to the Legislative Branch section.
A brief schedule of elections-related dates are as follows:
- Applications Open - Monday, March 15th at 12:00 a.m.
- Applications Close - Friday, March 28th at 12 p.m.
- Verification Period - Monday, March 29th to Sunday, April 4th
- Campaigning Period - Monday, April 5th at 12 a.m. to Sunday, April 18th at 11:59 p.m.
- Voting Week - Monday, April 12th at 12 a.m. to Sunday, April 18th at 11:59 p.m.
- Certification Period - Monday, April 19th to Wednesday, May 2nd (or until elections results are shared with campus)
- Elections Results - at latest Friday, April 23rd by 5 p.m. (estimated - pending any grievances)
- Grievances Period - Monday, April 19th at 12 a.m. until the official list of winners is shared with the campus.
Please contact the SGA Government Operations Chair Joselyn Alexander (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or concerns, and feel free to read the SGA Electoral Code if you’d like additional clarifications.
Students wishing to become a Senator, President, or Vice President may find more information by contacting SGA directly.