The voting period will begin on Monday, October 19th starting at 12 a.m. and will end on Sunday, October 25th at 11:59 p.m. Students eligible to vote in the 2020 Spring Election will be able to do so using the voting feature on BraveConnect at the start time of voting. To review the candidates, please click the link below to access the Candidate Handbook.
Spring 2020 SGA Candidate Handbook (this resource is not available yet for the 2020 Fall Elections)
Senatorial Elections Process
The Student Government Association is excited to announce that SGA elections are now open! All UNC Pembroke students are members of the SGA, and these students are represented by elected or appointed officers. This is your opportunity to become an officer – be involved in the democratic process and create a positive change for yourself and other students on campus. To review current vacancies in our senate, please visit our Active SGA Members page and scroll down to the Legislative Branch section.
Apply to be a senator today!
A brief schedule of elections-related dates are as follows:
- Applications Open - Monday, September 21st at 12:00 a.m.
- Interest Meeting 1 - Tuesday, September 22nd at 5:30 p.m., uncp.webex.com/meet/jfa002
- Interest Meeting 2 - Thursday, September 24th at 5:30 p.m., uncp.webex.com/meet/jfa002
- Interest Meeting 3 - Tuesday, September 29th at 5:30 p.m., uncp.webex.com/meet/jfa002
- Interest Meeting 4 - Thursday, October 1st at 5:30 p.m., uncp.webex.com/meet/jfa002
- Applications Close - Sunday, October 4th at 11:59 p.m.
- Verification Period - Monday, October 5th to Sunday, October 11th
- Campaigning Period - Monday, October 12th at 12 a.m. to Sunday, October 25th at 11:59 p.m.
- Voting Week - Monday, October 19th at 12 a.m. to Sunday, October 25th at 11:59 p.m.
- Certification Period - Monday, October 26th to Wednesday, October 28th
- Elections Results - at latest Friday, October 30th by 5 p.m. (estimated - pending any grievances)
- Grievances Period - Monday, October 19th at 12 a.m. until the official list of winners is shared with the campus.
Please contact the SGA Government Operations Chair Joselyn Alexander (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or concerns, and feel free to read the SGA Electoral Code if you’d like additional clarifications.
Students wishing to become a Senator, President, or Vice President may find more information by contacting SGA directly.