Student Veterans

Apply for VA Education Benefits

Review this checklist for instructions on applying for VA benefits. After submitting an application, the VA sends a Certificate of Eligibility in the mail to the applicant. This is the first document required by the UNCP VA Certifying Official in order to process the student's VA benefits. You must be admitted to UNCP before the certifying official can process this, but we recommend applying for VA benefits early due to long processing times. Apply online via VONAPP.

Apply to UNCP

Visit the Office of Admissions and apply to UNCP. Pay attention to the application deadlines. The application fee is waived for active duty, veterans, reservists, and members of the National Guard. With your application, submit a copy of your DD 214 or Leave and Earnings Statement.

Be sure to submit your military transcript as well. UNCP will evaluate your prior military training and experience and may award college credit(s). Request a military transcript at these websites:

Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy
Joint Services Transcript Request

Air Force
Community College of the Air Force