Veteran Saluting Flag

Request VA Benefit Payment

VA benefits application form on table
Each semester in which you are a registered student planning to use VA education benefits, you must submit the UNCP Online Enrollment Certification Request.
Student in University Center
Step 1: Register for Class

You must register for classes in BraveWeb before your benefits can be certified for the semester. Students are encouraged to request certification as soon as they have preregistered for the upcoming term to maximize processing time and  ensure prompt payment.



Front Entrance of Old Main
Step 2: Submit Certification Request

You must complete the UNCP Online Certification Request form for every semester you are enrolled and using VA education benefits. If you do not complete this form your enrollment will not be certified and you will not be paid.

If any changes (drop, add, or withdrawal) are made to your schedule AFTER you have submitted a certification request, you are required to notify the School Certifying Official by emailing Failure to do so may result in payment issues and cause a debt to the Department of Veterans Affairs


Online Enrollment Certification Request


Email Notification Icon
Step 3: Email Confirmation

When your request for certification is processed by the VA you will receive an email notification from the VA Enrollment Manager system confirming the semester hours reported to by the UNCP School Certifying Offiical. Email if you have any questions regarding the information you receive from Enrollment Manager. 



Certification Stamp
How to Submit Monthly Certification (Chapters 30, 33 & 1606)

In addition to requesting an enrollment certification from the UNCP School Certifying Official for the semester, recipients of the following benefit chapters must verify their attendance with the VA on the last day of every month the are enrolled in classes to receive payment.

Chapter 30 Montgomery: You can call the Education Call Center (ECC) 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) or certify online through the W.A.V.E Website.  

Chapter 33 Post 9/11: You can verify your enrollment via text message or by calling the Education Call Center (ECC) 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551). The ECC can also help you opt into text verification.

Chapter 1606 Selected Reserve: You can call the Education Call Center (ECC) 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) or certify online through the W.A.V.E Website.  

Desktop Phone
How to Ask VA a Question and Get Answers

The UNCP School Certifying Official submits enrollment information to the VA to initiate benefit payment. They do not have visibility into when those payments will be released.


For questions about benefit payment after your enrollment certification has been processed, call 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) between 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. Central Time, Monday-Friday. 


Online inquiries can be submitted through the Ask VA portal. This service is available worldwide 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Direct Deposit Icon
How to Update VA Direct Deposit Information

To change your direct deposit information you’ll need your bank’s routing number and account number to make the updates.


If you receive disability compensation, pension, or education benefits from VA, you can update your direct deposit information in your profile. 


To update your direct deposit information or the address on your paper checks, with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) you can:

  • Call VA at 800-827-1000 (TTY: 711) Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET, or
  • Call VA at 918-781-7550 (for international direct deposit updates), or
In Person

Go to your nearest VA Location