Qualifications for the Basic Course
- Be a full time student at UNC Pembroke
- Not be a Conscientious Objector
- Be of Good Moral Character
- Not have any Tattoos specifically prohibited by Army policy
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Be in good physical condition
Qualifications for the Advanced Course
- Meet all of the previous requirements to enter the Basic Course.
- Not have any civil convictions, adverse adjudications, or court marshal convictions other than minor traffic violations less than $250.00. Not have more than 3 dependents.
- Never have used drugs; or be a self admitted limited/experimental user of drugs who has not used within 6 months of contracting.
- Sign a loyalty oath.
- If prior service, have an honorable discharge from the Armed Services with a qualifying RE code of 1 on DD Form 214.
- Meet one of the following criteria: have credit for MS 1010/1020/2010/2020, complete Cadet Command’s Leadership Training Course, or complete Basic Training in one of the Armed Forces.
- Have a college GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Score at least 180 points with 60 points in each event on a single Army Physical Fitness Test.
- Successfully pass a Department of Defense Medical Evaluation Review Board physical. The most common non-waiver disqualifiers during this physical are: documented asthma after the age of 13; ADD/ADHD, depression treatment, or academic skills disorders within the past 12 months; ulcerative colitis, crohn’s disease, scoliosis-curvature of the spine in excess of 30 degrees, or prior service with a permanent profile.
- Be younger than the age of 31 at time of commissioning without a waiver