School Counseling Licensure-Only Program


Already have a masters in counseling? Add the school counseling license!

Candidates possessing a graduate degree in a counseling area (completion of a master’s degree in addiction; career; clinical mental health; clinical rehabilitation; college counseling and student affairs; marriage, couple, and family counseling; or rehabilitation) may apply for admission to the Professional School Counseling program for licensure-only status.

Please note: This program meets NCDPI requirements for provisional licensure as set forth in Policy: LICN-001, 7-5-2018 (G.S. 115C-296).

The School Counseling Licensure-Only program is not an online program.  Courses are hybrid and require on-campus attendance at our main campus in Pembroke and/or our satellite campus in Wilmington at least 8 times per semester.

Please note that School Counseling Licensure-Only students cannot receive federal financial aid but may establish a monthly payment plan through Student Accounts if desired.