Begin strengthening your comprehensive school counseling program today!
The Advanced School Counseling for Postsecondary Success, 12-credit hour online certificate, is designed to prepare school counselors with an advanced skillset in designing and delivering services that lead to equitable educational experiences, positive outcomes, and postsecondary access and opportunity for all k-12 students.
This online certificate is available for current students enrolled in the CACREP accredited, 60-credit hour Professional School Counseling (PSC) program as well as licensed school counselors who aim to obtain advanced training in school counseling. PSC students can concurrently complete the degree program and this certificate. PSC students can complete this certificate by satisfying elective requirements (from 60 credit hour program) and taking the remaining 2 additional courses. PSC students cannot use the specialty course CNS5750 College and Career Readiness in partial fulfillment of the certificate requirements. A PSC student who successfully completes the certificate, will graduate with a graduate degree in PSC and the Advanced School Counseling for Postsecondary Success certificate, for a total of 66 credit hours.
Plan of Study
- CNS 5650 School Counselor as Leader, Advocate, and Consultant
- CNS 5750 College and Career Readiness
- CNS 5760 Legal Aspects of Educational Leadership
- CNS 5770 Evidence-Based School Counseling
- CNS 5780 Addressing the Achievement Gap and Issues of Social Justice
- CNS 5xxx Graduate-level specialty course approved by Program Director