Work Study

Discover a World of Opportunities!

Primarily funded by the Federal Government, Federal Work-Study Programs are need-based programs which allow student to earn a portion of their financial aid through employment on campus or in community service agencies. Students awarded work study may apply to a variety of jobs that meet their interests and skills. In order to be eligible for work-study, student’s must be:

  • Have unmet need as determined by the FAFSA
  • Admitted into a degree seeking program
  • Enrolled at least half-time
  • Making satisfactory academic progress

Eligibility does not guarantee a work-study job. In order to apply for a work-study position, students must be awarded work-study by the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships.

How Will I Find a Job?

Students awarded work-study can search for jobs by creating on account or logging into the Career Center’s Website. The instructions and direct link to the oncampus student employment system can be found by clicking on the “On-Campus Student Employment” button on the right hand side of the page. Please direct all new and returning students interested in work study or other positions on campus to this site.  Students will need their Banner ID numbers to access the Brave Opportunities system.

How Much Will I Earn?

Student can earn at least $12.00 per hour in a work study position. The typical award amount is $2000 per year ($1000 per semester). You will be paid bi-weekly for the hours worked in the prior two weeks pay period. If you receive a new scholarship or grant, you work study award may have to be reduced or cancelled. Make sure to carefully review an revised award notice to see if your work-study award amount has been changed. You must immediately report any reduction in your work study to your employer.

Can I Change Jobs During the Year?

You are encouraged to remain in your position for one academic year. Keep in mind, periods of short employment may raise questions for a future employer. Your work-study job is an opportunity to establish a good work record for your resume. If you are experiencing difficulties in your work situation, you are encouraged to discuss your concerns with your employer. If you decide to quit your job, you should give your employer at least one week’s notice of resignation. If you have conflicts that cannot be resolved to your satisfaction after working with your supervisor, you may contact the Work Study Coordinator in the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships.

Important Work Study Links

  1. Forms
  2. Payroll Information

For more information contact Kristie Hunt by calling 910-521-6255 or email