Payment Options

1.  How and when will I receive a bill? After June 30, 2009 UNC-Pembroke will send electronic bills to all students on a monthly basis. Once the bill is available online an email notice will be sent to the student’s email address and authorized user’s email address if applicable. Account balances are always available through the Braveweb online account center.

2. When is payment due? 

Maymester and Summer Session I

  • June 1, 2020
  • Summer Session I
    • June 1, 2020
  • Summer Session II
    • June 29, 2020
  • Fall 2020
  • Spring 2021

3.  Where can I see my account balance and information?

Students may see their account balances by accessing their online account center through their BraveWeb account from any computer.  Computer labs are located in academic buildings across campus, Mary Livermore Library and the University Center. Accessing their BraveWeb accounts at these sites will eliminate the need of a personal computer.

4.  How can my parent access my account? 

The University of North Carolina at Pembroke is subject to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99).  FERPA is a federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. This means that student billing balances, billing detail and financial aid data cannot be given over the phone to anyone. This information will be available online or directly to the student with proper identification (picture id). Authorized Users can be added by the Student through their Online Account.

Instructions to grant access to authorized users

  1.   Click “Authorized User”
  2.   Enter e-mail address of authorized user
  3.   Answer two yes or no access questions
  4.   Click “Continue”
  5.   Authorized user will receive an email with a password. Authorized user must utilize the following link to log into the Online Account Center.
  6.   Authorized user link:
  7.   Click “Agree”
  8.   Click “Continue”

Authorized user will receive an email with a password.  Authorized user must utilize the following link to log into the Online Account Center

5.  What are the different payment options?
Cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, financial aid, loans, and outside sponsors. Your BraveWeb online account center will accept Visa, MasterCard and Electronic Check (ACH).  Any overpayment created within a semester will be refunded to the student.

6.  What do I need to provide Student Accounts if I have an outside sponsor?

 Bring an authorization form from the sponsor stating what expenses and amount that will be covered for that semester.

7.  Can I pay my balance in installments to the University?

 The University of North Carolina at Pembroke understands that sometimes you need some help managing your tuition bill. That’s why we offer the University of North Carolina at Pembroke tuition payment plan. Payment plans are convenient, manageable payment solutions that give you the option to pay tuition in interest-free monthly installments, rather than one lump sum. Tuition payment plans offer:

  • More time to pay. Spread your tuition payments over a period of several months.
  • Interest savings. Use a payment plan to make monthly payments, interest free. You can also use a plan in conjunction with traditional student loans and financial aid.
  • Convenience. You can enroll in a plan, manage your account and make payments online, 24 hours a day.

There are no payment plans for summer school.

  • To Determine your monthly payment:

    • Add total expenses for:

      • Tuition
      • Fees
      • On-campus housing
      • On-campus meal plan
      • Books cannot be budgeted into payment plans
    • Minus any estimated aid
    • Divide by number of monthly payments

8.  What will happen to my account if it becomes past due?

All accounts will go through the following procedure:

Age of Accounts

Account balances that are less than $10.00 will be written off based on states policies.



1-30 days past due

  • Mail first past-due letter
  • Electronic Bill
  • Receive a promise to pay



31-60 days past due

  • Mail second and final past-due letter
  • Electronic Bill
  • Refer to Attorney General's Office



61 + days past due

Complete appropriate submittal forms and send to the Attorney General's Office, or the agency legal counsel. Refuse additional service to the delinquent debtor where this does not conflict with Federal and State laws. After 45 days from date sent to Attorney General’s Office, a decision will be made on how to proceed with account. Account may be assigned to a state contracted collection agency. At least twice a month a list will be submitted to the Department of Revenue for tax set off proceeding to satisfy the debt owed to the university.




A student with an unpaid balance at UNC Pembroke will not be allowed to enroll for the next term. Current financial aid will not be used to pay prior semester balances.

For more information please refer to the following:

9.  How do I waive the school’s insurance because I already have insurance? Since you already have insurance coverage you must complete the waiver on-line at each Fall & Spring.  Please print out and keep the confirmation number and e-mail you receive for the student accounts office in case we need to contact Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina on your behalf.

10.  Parking Permits

  • Required for parking on campus
  • Permits must be paid for at the Campus Police Office in the Business Services Building. 
  • Please have your vehicle registration/information and drivers license to fill out the required registration form.
  • Permits are valid for 1 year only from August 20XX-August 20XX

11.  When will I receive my loan?
Contact your Financial Aid Counselor

12.  Why was my financial aid/loan reduced or taken away? Contact your Financial Aid Counselor

13.  Am I due a refund? How can I receive my refund? Review your account through BraveWeb and the Online Account Center Effective July 1, 2008, refunds will be processed using direct deposit. This is based on Federal Policy requiring the elimination of manual processing and distribution of refund checks. Please contact the Bursar's Office in Lumbee Hall, room 109 or call 521-6855 regarding direct deposit information. 

Steps to receive direct deposit refunds

  1. Student will sign into BraveWeb account
  2. Click “Online Account Center”
  3. Click “eRefunds” located at the top of the screen
  4. Click “Add”
  5. Enter bank account information
  6. Click “Save”

 14.  How do I receive my financial aid or loan refund check if I do not set up an account for direct deposit?
Refund checks will be mailed to the payee’s permanent address on file in the Registrar’s Office.

15.  I paid for my tuition. When will UNCP send out the forms that state that information so I will be able to get proper credit when I file taxes? Students enrolled in courses for academic credit at UNCP during any academic period will be mailed a Form 1098-T by January 31, if required by IRS regulations. This form contains important tax information that is being furnished to the IRS. Please note that the 1098T reports amounts BILLED, not PAID. The 1098-T includes qualified tuition and fees billed to you during the calendar year as well as scholarships or grant aid applied to your account during the year. UNCP is not required to issue a 1098-T to: Students whose qualified tuition and related expenses are entirely waived or paid entirely with scholarships or grants (when Box 4 is greater than Box 2).  Qualified tuition and related expenses as defined by the IRS include UNC-Pembroke’s tuition and mandatory fees only.

16.  Can personal checks be cashed at the Student Accounts/Cashier's Office?

17.  Can refund checks be cashed at the Cashier's Office?
No. Lumbee Bank will cash University checks with proper identification.