Funded by the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Indian Education, Project 3C will provide American Indian students with experiences and skills necessary to: accomplish goals successfully, increase similarities between their interests and career choices, and broaden their college and career opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). The project is open to American Indian students, grades 1-12, from the Lumbee Tribe's Service Area (Cumberland, Hoke, Robeson, and Scotland counties). American Indian families and tribal communities will play a key role in the academic success of student participants. The consortium is comprised of the Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina, Public Schools of Robeson County, Robeson Community College, and the University of North Carolina at Pembroke.
Club iSTEM (grades 1- 4)
- Location: Lumbee Tribe of NC Boys and Girls Club
- Dates: Coming Soon
Indigenous Girls In STEM (grades 6-8)
Location: UNC Pembroke campus
Who can participate?
Female American Indian students grades 6 – 8 that reside in the Lumbee Tribe's Service Area (Cumberland, Hoke, Robeson, and Scotland counties)
Indigenous Girls In STEM Series 1:
- STEM Challenge with Charlotte Motor Speedway 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM:
- Dates: August 13th
Indigenous Girls In STEM Series 2:
- Museum of Life and Science: Durham, NC
- Date: Wednesday, August 21st
Indigenous Girls In STEM Series 3:
- Young Women in Bio-RTP & Biogen : Durham, NC
- Date: Thursday, September, 12th
Indigenous Girls In STEM Series 4:
- Rocking Robotics With Verizon : Wilmington, NC
- Date: Saturday, October, 19th
Indigenous Girls In STEM Series 5:
- Operation: Go Green: Fort Bragg, Fayetteville, NC
- Date: Saturday, December, 14th
STEM Career Summer Camps (rising 10 – 12 graders)
- Location: UNC Pembroke campus
- Dates: July 14-18 and July 28 – August 1.
STEM Family Nights
Project 3C's Family STEM Nights are for students and their families to learn about science, technology, engineering, and math by engaging in interactive and hands-on activities.
Location: Union Chapel Elementary School
When: Thursday, September 19th from 5:30pm - 7:30pm
Location: Pembroke Middle School
When: Thursday, September 26th from 5pm - 7pm
Project 3C Camp Counselor
Handshake Job #3025908
Counselors will be hired throughout the 2019-2020 school year for various events such as camps, STEM Family Nights and other community events.
- Regularly scheduled camps will be held on UNCP’s campus unless otherwise noted. Saturday camp hours will run normally from 8 am to 4 pm unless otherwise noted. STEM Family Nights will run normally from 4 pm - 8 pm. Saturdays and evenings will be required for some of the camp programming sessions. Hours will vary depending on event.
- The program will prepare students to broaden their college and career opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). UNCP will coordinate the program while UNCP students will be employed as camp counselors. The counselors will serve as mentors and role models for camp participants.
- Compensation: $12 per hour
- Required documents: cover letter, resume, and application.
- Application deadline: Open until filled
Join the Project 3C Community!
Enter your name an email below to receive emails about Project 3C.