Professor of Religion and Chair / Web Information Coordinator
Dr. David Nikkel
Professor of Religion and Department Chair
B.A., Yale University; Master of Divinity, Methodist Theological School in Ohio; Ph.D., Duke University
- Introduction to Religion
- Introduction to Religious Thought
- Introduction to Religious Ethics
- History of Western Religious Thought
- Modern Religious Thought
- Philosophy and Religion
- Advanced Studies in Eastern Philosophies and Religions
- Religion and Science
- Religion, Art, and Culture
- Theories and Methods
- Writing in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Classical Mythology
- Radical Embodiment, Wipf & Stock; James Clarke & Co.
- “A Theory of the Embodied Nature of Religion,” Journal of Religion 99/2 (April, 2019).
- “The Dualistic, Discarnate Picture That Haunts the Cognitive Science of Religion,” Zygon: Journal of Religion and Science 50/3 (September, 2015).