Peer tutors must:
1) Be current UNCP students who have completed 30 credit hours
2) Have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
3) Have earned a grade of B (3.0) or higher in each course they are interested in tutoring
They must also:
- have a firm command of course material.
- possess higher-order thinking skills.
- possess proactive learning strategies.
- have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- be reliable self-motivated workers.
- believe that all people are natural born learners.
- Be ENTHUSIASTIC about learning!
How to Apply
Please contact Tutoring Program Coordinator by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule a face to face appointment through the Center for Student Success in the D.F. Lowry Building, Room 320.
We are currently considering new applications on a rolling basis for all subjects, however we especially need tutors for Math, Business, Criminal Justice, Statistics, and all Science-related courses.