Greetings Friends and Future Friends of the Library,
On behalf of everyone who enjoys UNCP’s Library services, the Board of Directors and the staff of the Mary Livermore Library thanks you, for giving your time and talents, as well as those of you who financially support informational literacy. Since 1990, the UNCP Friends of the Library organization has worked to promote awareness of and interest in the Mary Livermore Library.
During the 2018-2019 academic year, the Friends organization was very busy, providing some wonderful and rewarding opportunities for the members, the UNCP and surrounding communities. Here are just a few.
- Awarded 9 FOL UNCP student scholarships
- Received a $500 grant to support area High School students
- Sponsored the Library’s 1st Librari-Con
- Sponsored or co-sponsored numerous cultural events
- Spearheaded the creation of a FOL logo
- Supported faculty research and publications
We are elated that in 2020, the Friends of the Library will celebrate 30 years of enriching and changing the lives of students, staff, faculty, and the surrounding communities by promoting and elevating the resources, services and operations of the Mary Livermore Library. Can we count on you, to ensure that 2020 will be an unforgettable year for the Friends?
Again, the Board and I thank each of you for making UNCP’s Friends of the Library, a true beacon of information, entertainment, and, most of all, intellectual growth. We welcome your ideas, as well as your membership, as we continue to build a strong and vibrant Friends organization.
Sincerely and speak your truth,
Dr. Vibrina Coronado
Friends of the Library President, 2019-2020
Friends of the Library Mission
The library support group Friends of the Library of The University of North Carolina at Pembroke welcomes you to participate in a growing organization that provides our community with educational resources and cultural activities.
The purposes of the Friends are:
- To support UNCP's Mary Livermore Library collections
- To promote the use of the Mary Livermore Library as a community resource
- To sponsor cultural programs and special events
- To raise the visibility of the Mary Livermore Library
Since 1990, the UNCP Friends of the Library organization has worked to promote awareness of and interest in the Mary Livermore Library. Your gift will help to continue to provide these resources. With your contributions, we will be able to serve your information needs as well as the community.
Membership is on an annual basis.
- Borrowing privileges
- Library Lines newsletter
- Invitations to the Friends of the Library sponsored events
- Advance admission to National Library Week Book Sale
- Opportunity to participate in growth and development of an outstanding regional library
- Tax deductible membership dues