The Career Center offers job search assistance to current students, upcoming graduates and alumni by facilitating connections with employers and teaching individuals how to conduct effective job searches.
The following resources can help with your job search research:
Online Job Search Resources
- Career Readiness
- Careershift is the pro-active job search resource. Most job seekers find their opportunities by networking. With CareerShift you can target your opportunities by posted jobs, contacts, or companies/organizations. Search, save and organize- all in one place.
- Group code: UNCP
- Tutor. com: gain access via Canvas
- Glassdoor: holds a growing database of 6 million company reviews, CEO approval ratings, salary reports, interview reviews and questions, office photos and more. Unlike other job sites, all of this information is entirely shared by those who know a company best -- the employees!
It is very important for you to educate yourself about potential scams. These are some common signs that a job is most likely fraudulent:
- The promise of a large salary for very little work - especially those that state thousands of dollars of income per month with little or no experience required
- Positions that ask you to give credit card or bank account numbers, or copies of personal documents
- Jobs that ask you to send payment by wire service or courier
- Positions in which you are offered a large payment or reward in exchange for allowing the use of your bank account - often for depositing checks or transferring money
- While there are legitimate opportunities for individuals to work from home, be sure to research the position in advance of applying
If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact the Career Center. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job listing, please contact the local police as well.
Read more about scams:
LinkedIn is the new resume and an integral part of building your brand and increasing your visibility. 94% of recruiters use LinkedIn to find candidates. Let us show you how to create a professionally engaging profile and harness the power of LinkedIn to find jobs and internships and connect with 467 million members worldwide.
Join the more than 13,000 UNC Pembroke alumni on LinkedIn at UNC Pembroke and find out where your alumni are working now.