Welcome to the University of North Carolina at Pembroke Career Center employer section. Whether you represent a global conglomerate, a small start-up, or a non-profit entity, The Career Center staff is poised to assist you with personal service, user-friendly technology, and access to a well-educated and qualified pool of more than 8,000 current students from 27 states, 18 countries, and countless numbers of alumni.
We can help you strategically narrow the field or expand your reach, connect you with students and faculty electronically or face-to-face, and coordinate and market on-campus/virtual information sessions and/or interviews, career fairs, networking opportunities, and other interactive engagement activities.
Please use this section to learn more about the multiple different ways that you can engage with our students and alumni. If you are interested in learning more or would like to discuss employer engagement at the University of North Carolina at Pembroke please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer Engagement Opportunites
Promote your events and career fairs on Handshake. Email email@example.com today to discuss dates and strategies.
Handshake is an interactive database that allows organizations to connect with UNCP students and alumni.
On Handshake employers are able to:
- Post part and full-time positions, internships, and co-ops.
- All employment opportunities are reviewed by a Career Center staff member
- Request information sessions
- Request on-campus interviews
- Register for career events
- Review resumes
- Market company-sponsored events
To register for a Handshake account:
- Visit https://uncp.joinhandshake.com/login and follow the instructions under the ‘Employer Login’ section prior to creating your account
- Next access, https://uncp.joinhandshake.com/employer_registrations/new
- Complete the profile and submit
- Enter your full name, corporate email address, telephone number, website, and corporate (commercial) physical address
- Company research is conducted on every organization/corporation requesting a connection to UNCP, the review process may several business days.
- Please note: Career Services will verify the legitimacy of each employer who submits a request. Some of the things we look for are an active business license; a corporate email address that matches the company’s domain (no personal email address such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc.); a working (not under construction) website; an active contact telephone number, and a commercial business address (no PO Box or residential address). This list is not inclusive and may change depending on the organization’s IRS status, in which case additional proof will be requested
- Once your account has been approved by UNCP, Handshake will send you a confirmation email with your username (email address), password, and link to login. Please follow the instructions to access your Handshake account
- Handshake’s Quick-start video
Need assistance posting a position or navigating Handshake call us at 910.521.6270 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All internships must abide by the guidelines established by the Department of Labor.
We host over twelve (12) career fairs throughout the year to put you in touch with several potential candidates. To view dates and register for upcoming Career Fairs, log into Handshake. We are happy to provide additional accommodations, such as reserving space for post-event interviews.
If you have any questions or experience a problem with event registration please contact our office at 910.521.6270.
Building Your Brand On Campus
Virtual, Hybrid, and Face to Face options are available to build your brand on campus. Employers are encouraged to take a multi-tiered approach to recruit at UNCP. Employer partners who participate in a variety of activities to build name recognition and a campus presence tend to attract a larger candidate pool and see greater success.
- Connect with student organizations and faculty
- Participate in a Fireside Chat
- Lead a Career Innovation Lab Series
- Host Employer Spotlights virtually or table in our University Center
- Sponsor a Leadership Dinner or Etiquette Dinner
- Host an excursion or an off-campus networking opportunity
- Connect with alumni
- Conduct an information session for faculty/staff
- Other opportunities (e.g., sponsor study breaks)
Guidelines for Third-Party Recruiters
The Career Center and all employers they represent are expected to abide by the “Principles for Professional Conduct for The Career Center & Employment Professionals as published by the National Association of Colleges and Employers. You can view this article here. If you have questions regarding Third-Party Recruiter policies, visit the guidelines published by the National Association of Colleges and Employers.