Undergraduate Admissions at UNC Pembroke

Transfer Students - How to Apply

The first step in your journey to BraveNation is to create your MyUNCP account. Once you create an account you can:

  • Register for campus tours and other events
  • Begin receiving information via email
  • Apply for admission
  • Track your application status

Create Account

Steps to submitting your application:

  • Complete the online application at MyUNCP 
  • Request official transcripts from ALL previously attended colleges and/or universities. Official transcripts can be sent via email to admissions@uncp.edu or mailed to:

Office of Undergraduate Admissions

1 University Drive

P.O.Box 1510

Pembroke, NC 28372

*Official transcripts must come directly from the institution or a transcript ordering service. If hand-delivering to the admissions office, they must be in a sealed, unopened envelope. 

  • Monitor your MyUNCP portal for the status of your application. 

 Unofficial transcripts can be used for admission review, however, official transcripts are required for transfer credit evaluation. 


Verify your residency (NC residents only)

If you wish to claim in-state residency for tuition purposes, please make sure to complete the Residency Determination Service (RDS) process at NCresidency.org. You will need to provide your Residency Certification Number (RCN) on your application, though you may submit your application and come back to enter your RCN one you have it.

For additional information visit our Residency FAQ page.

How Credits Transfer

Knowing how your credits will transfer is an important factor in your transfer decision. Visit the Transfer Course Equivalency Page to look up how specific courses will transfer to UNCP. (The equivalency page highlights credits that have been previously accepted by UNCP, and for which we have existing articulation agreements.  Therefore there are opportunities beyond what is listed on the equivalency page.)  OFFICIAL transcripts are required to be placed on file with Admissions before a transfer credit evaluation can be performed. Credit evaluations are performed in the order of which they are received for completed applicants. Priority is also given to students who have committed to attending New Student Orientation. (Students register for classes during New Student Orientation.) 

UNC Pembroke follows the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement for NC Community Colleges.  For other two-year and four-year accepted institutions, courses are evaluated on a course by course basis, and if applicable aligned with the appropriate UNCP course.  For accepted four-year institutions, UNCP guarantees a minimum of elective credit for courses that meet transferable requirements.  Only courses with a grade of "C" or higher are transferable.