Undergraduate Admissions at UNC Pembroke

Transfer Resources

How Credits Transfer

As a transfer student, it is helpful to know which classes will transfer to UNCP. Below you'll find useful tools in determining if your previous coursework will transfer.

Only courses of a "C" or better can be transferred. Knowing how your credits will transfer is an important factor in your transfer decision. If you have specific questions about a course not listed, please email, transfer@uncp.edu. If admitted to UNCP, you will receive a full evaluation of all previous coursework.


Transferology is a useful tool to see how coursework from other colleges and universities typically transfer to UNC Pembroke. The course list in Transferology is not comprehensive, as we are continually updating Transferology with additional courses and institutions. The information in Transferology is provided only as a guide. An official course-by-course evaluation of your specific transfer credit will be completed upon admission to UNCP. Students may also use Transferology to request more information about UNCP, view available majors and request an appointment with an admissions counselor. 

How do I use Transferology?
  • Begin by creating your free Transferology account.
  • On the "Will My Courses Transfer" page under "Courses" enter the information for the college or university where you received your current credits. Select the term and year you took those courses and then search for your courses by academic department.
  • You will see a list of your current courses in the "My Courses" section on the right side of the screen, click "Search for Matches" to see how your courses will transfer to UNCP.
  • If you cannot find your course in Transferology, it indicates that your course hasn't been previously evaluated. We may reach out for the syllabus of courses we have not evaluated in the past. Once you are admitted, we will evaluate all your courses and let you know how they apply to your degree requirements. 


Transfer Course Equivalencey

Major Exploration

Explore undergraduate degree programs at UNCP to ensure we’re the best fit for your academic goals.

Majors and Minors                    Course Catalog                    Online Degree Options 

NC Community College Students

Comprehensive Articulation Agreement

The North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement is a statewide agreement governing the transfer of credits between NC community colleges and NC public universities. All CAA transfer degree plans demonstrate how an undergraduate degree can be completed. 

Baccalaureate Degree Plans

Articulation Agreements

UNC Pembroke has partnered with community and junior colleges to create articulation agreements to ease transfer into certain degree programs.

Current Articulations Agreements

North Carolina's Reverse Transfer Program

North Carolina’s Reverse Transfer Program is an initiative in which student are rewarded for credit they have already earned or will earn at a four-year university. The program is designed to award an associate degree to students who previously attended a North Carolina community college and fulfilled the associate degree requirements while working toward a bachelor’s degree at a North Carolina university.

Procedure for Students:

  • Log into BraveWeb and click on Student and Financial Aid
  • Click on Reverse Transfer Program
  • After reading the policy click the “opt in” button and submit
  • By virtue of “opt in,” you sign an agreement stating that you will follow UNCP’s curriculum towards the baccalaureate degree and that you understand that academic advisers cannot provide advising for community college coursework.
  • Once you “opt in” no further action from you is required.

Please note: If you are awarded the Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree through the Reverse Transfer program, UNC Pembroke will honor the degree to meet our general education requirements. Your advisor can only advice you on UNC Pembroke’s degree requirements. It is your responsibility to understand your community college requirements for completing an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree

Visit the official Reverse Transfer Program FAQ page for information.