PURC Symposium 2021
Guest Speaker and Bio: Ishuan Li is an Associate Professor of Finance at Minnesota State University Mankato. Dr. Li has a PhD in Applied Economics from Clemson University, and Masters in Economics and Political Economy from Clemson University and Fordham University. She is the President-Elect of Omicron Delta Epsilon, the International Honor Society for Economics. Dr. Li also serves as an Associate Editor for the American Economist, an economics journal published by Sage Publishing. For several years, she served as a Councilor in the Division of Social Sciences at the Council of Undergraduate Research, and the Division Editor for the Scholarship and Practice in Undergraduate Research (SPUR), a journal published by the Council of Undergraduate Research. Dr. Li has mentored and supervised dozens of undergraduate and graduate student research papers over the years. Her students have presented their work at various competitions, including the Minnesota Economic Association, Omicron Delta Epsilon, Poster on the Hill, NCUR, International Atlantic Economic Society, Regional Federal Reserve Banks, ICPSR, Midwest Undergraduate Data Analytics Competition, and among others.
UPDATE: PURC SYMPOSIUM 2021
As we continue to deal with the constraints arising from the Covid-19 crisis, the PURC Council has made the following determinations regarding the Annual PURC Symposium that was scheduled for Spring 2021.
1) The Symposium as a live, in-person event has again been canceled for this year. However, on Monday, April 26th 2021, from 3:00pm to 6:00pm, we will be hosting a shortened, three-hour virtual, but live, symposium. We will be again publishing, online – at the PURC website, all student abstracts, posters, and any video performances submitted for the Symposium. The following information will provide updated instructions.
2) The deadline for submission for the PURC Symposium has been extended until 5 p.m. on April 20, 2021. The online portal is: https://uncp.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_77h2Oi2hJl0l4hf.
3) We are also extending the deadline for nominations for the Faculty Mentor Award to that date. Faculty mentor submissions may be sent to: email@example.com.
4) Students presenters are invited (but not required) to submit, in addition to their required abstracts, PDF version of their posters. Where more appropriate, a video or WebEx version of performances, exhibition works, or oral presentations can be submitted for inclusion. These submissions are also due by April 20th, and should be uploaded to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) In addition to online publication, all abstracts will be published in a printed PURC Symposium 2021 Program booklet. Each student and mentor can request a copy from the PURC Director. Others may request a program subject to availability. Please include a mailing address with your request.
Any questions or requests for telephone conferencing should be communicated via email to PURC Director Rebecca Bullard-Dillard at: email@example.com.
Registration is now open. Please complete this pre-registration survey and then you will be automatically directed to the registration through Google Forms:
2021 Survey and Registration Link
- Students are encouraged to adapt their presentations to the standard poster format. Easels, poster boards (3ft x 4ft) and push pins will be provided at the Forum. Posters must be printed prior to the event.
- Oral presentations: Presentations will be limited to 15 minutes (12 minutes for the presentation, 3 minutes for questions). Students are encouraged to prepare a PowerPoint slide show to accompany their talk.
- Scholarly Performance/Film, Music or Video Productions are also welcome. Students will present their performance. Each presenter will have a total of 15 minutes for the performance and questions/answers, using any combination of up to 15 minutes to best highlight their work. For example, you could have a 10 minute performance and take 5 minutes to answer questions. We will provide a TV/DVD combo if needed.
- Exhibit/Displays are welcome for those in the visual arts. All exhibits will be displayed in the same room as the posters. Please advise the staff of your needs such as a pedestal, or a need to hang on wall.