BIS Admission Requirements
- Students must meet all admission requirements for entrance to The University of North Carolina at Pembroke.
- Students must either (a) have completed a minimum of 45 credit hours with at least a 2.0 Grade Point Average, or (b) hold an Associate in Applied Arts, an Associate in Applied Science, an Associate in Arts, or an Associate in Science degree from a regionally-accredited two-year institution.
BIS Completion Requirements
The Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies requires that a student:
- Meet The University of North Carolina at Pembroke's general education core requirements.
- Complete a course of study in a specific Interdisciplinary Studies Major with an earned average grade point of 2.0 or better. At least 25 per cent of the total credit requirements for any particular Interdisciplinary Studies Major must be taken from one or more Academic Departments at The University of North Carolina at Pembroke (UNCP). For those with Applied Associate degrees only 60 credit hours may be transferred from two-year institutions (including 30 hours credit awarded for completion of Associate in Applied Arts or Applied Science degree from such institution). The number of credit hours permitted from any department, school, or college of UNCP will be restricted by discipline specific accreditation standards.
- Transfer or take a balance of elective or support courses to meet the total credit requirements of any particular Interdisciplinary Studies Major.
- Complete all requirements for baccalaureate graduation at The University of North Carolina at Pembroke.
- Meet the requirements of the University of North Carolina's Writing Intensive Program.
- Two thirds of all Major and Track courses taken toward the BIS degree must be from UNCP.
- College credit in lieu of lifelong learning/experiential learning will not be granted.