The Geo-Environmental Studies major requires each student to participate in a substantive hands-on activity in the form of either a professional internship or an approved field school.
- North Carolina State Internships program (due in Fall for following Summer)
- North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences
- North Carolina Department of Public Safety
- NSF Research Experience for Undergrads - While REUs are managed by the National Science Foundation, there are opportunities across the country with a variety of foci.
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA)
- National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- National Park Service (NPS)
- Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS)
- US Geological Survey (USGS)
- US State Department
- The experience requirement can also be fulfilled with a field school through another school
- Geoscience Track majors can refer to the Geology.com list of field camps
- Ask your advisor about field schools