Videography services prioritize projects that promote the university in support of the following objectives:
- Promote academic and extracurricular programs that enhance the university’s relationship with current and prospective students, their families, alumni, and other constituents.
- Enhance the image and expand awareness of the university.
- Communicate and expand the reach of the university’s message and mission.
Video production that falls outside of the scope of University Communications and Marketing include:
- Documenting lectures and presentations whose primary application serves a non-promotional purpose.
- Videos that serve a narrow audience within the university.
Video projects produced by UCM should meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Appeal to a large audience.
- Enhance or expand the reputation or awareness of the university.
- Support recruitment for undergraduate or graduate programs.
- Support fund raising or alumni engagement.
- Communicate information essential to the targeted audience that is not better communicated through other media.
Well defined projects can be completed in as little as 1-2 weeks depending on talent schedule and production work load. Captioning can take an additional 1-4 days.
- You and your team define the project: purpose, audience, message, call to action.
- Complete the Universal Request Form. You will be contacted within 2 business days.
- UCM will help you refine the purpose, audience, message and call to action.
- You will draft a script or video outline with key messaging.
- UCM will refine the script with you and assist with selecting talent.
- UCM will produce a draft for your review.
- You will review and request any edits.
- UCM will produce the final video edit.
- You will approve the final edit.
- Video sent out for captioning.
- You will review the captions and request any corrections.
- UCM will make caption corrections.
- UCM will provide the final video in a form suitable for the audience
- Link for embedding in a UNCP webpage
- Link for sharing in social media
- Downloadable link to an open captioned version of the video.
For more information, contact the University Videographer at 910.775.4569 or email@example.com.