1. The Outstanding Alumnus/a Award is the Alumni Association’s highest honor and is presented to alumni of The University of North Carolina at Pembroke. Nominees must have received a degree (undergraduate or graduate) from UNCP.
2. The award honors individuals of any age.
3. The award recognizes professional achievement: career movement and development, professional recognition, professional accomplishments, and significant contributions to nominee’s profession.
4. The award recognizes community (local, state, or national) service: scope and breadth of service nominee has provided, the impact of his/her actions on the community, and involvement in university programs and /or service on University boards or committees or project teams.
5. The award recognizes leadership and service to The University of North Carolina at Pembroke and/or their community, and loyalty to the ideals of UNC Pembroke.
6. Current members of the Alumni Association Board of Directors may not be considered for the award.
7. Current employees of UNCP may not be considered for the award.
8. Current members of the UNCP Board of Trustees, plus one year from vacating their board position, may not be considered for the award.
1. Complete the enclosed one-page nomination form.
2. In no more than 2 pages, please detail in a Nominator’s Statement the nominee’s qualifications for this award, based on the expanded criteria listed below.
3. You may also submit letters of support illustrating nominee’s qualifications, newspaper articles, clippings, photographs and additional materials as part of the nomination packet. Please do not send originals as these materials will not be returned. Submitting supporting documentation is strongly encouraged.
4. Nominations may be made by anyone except the nominee and must be submitted on forms provided by the UNCP Alumni Office.
5. The deadline for nominations is Friday, August 14, 2019 by 5:00pm.
6. The selection of the recipient is made by the Alumni Association’s Board of Directors. One award is presented annually.
7. The award recipient and nominators will be notified by late-September and the award is presented during the Alumni Awards Ceremony which is held during homecoming in October.
8. The record of a nominee shall be maintained in a carry-over file and considered for two years, after which a person must be re-nominated to be considered.
9. All forms and materials should be received by August 14, 2019. Nominator may return form and materials by mail, fax, or e-mail.
See information below:
Mail: UNCP Alumni Engagement Office, P.O. Box 1510, Pembroke NC 28372. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Fax: 910.521.6185.
10. The Office of Alumni Engagement will acknowledge receipt of form and/or materials via e-mail to the nominator.